Comstock & Steere Blue Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

brick0044

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what a Comstock & Steere Blue Bottle from St. Paul is worth? It is in what I consider very good condition or excellent. I'm new to collecting so don't know much about it. Thanks for your help and input. It still needs to be cleaned up but this is the bottle.

Attachments

• efd6100e3b9c4be89c5f6942282c2b7f.jpg
    efd6100e3b9c4be89c5f6942282c2b7f.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 116

antlerman23

Reaction score
Well... What you have there is a very very good bottle. I live in minnesota and it is my holy grail bottle. It dayes from the 1850s, but not much else is known. There are not many out there, so it is worth quite a bit of money. Are you looking to sell it, because i would be very interested if you are. I will pm you. Is there a story behind this? Did you dig it? Buy it at a garage sale? Find it in a river? I am very curious! Cheers to a fantastic bottle my friend!

brick0044

Reaction score
I am interested in selling it, but will probably put it on eBay if I don't get a good offer. I found it in St Paul while digging a footing for the new Lafayette bridge. I find a lot of bottles but don't normally keep them , something told me to check this one out. It is in very good condition. Thanks for your responses. Makes me want to start collecting.

epgorge

Reaction score
"Makes me want to start collecting." You should. There are plenty of people here who will tell you if it is valuable or not and many times, like above, you will get a chance to sell it to a good home. Someone will get a great piece to add to their collection and you will get some cash. Welcome. Hope the bug bites you.[;)]Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
Sort of sounds like you may have the check the laws out there. It may not be yours to sell. Or, maybe, you will want to change your story where you found it.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Or, maybe, you will want to change your story where you found it.
[:D][:D][:D] Or send me $500 and I'll make this post disappear. I'll even donate half to the forum.Oh crap, that sounds like extortion and I think that's illegal too. I retract that offer. [:D][:D][:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown