Monday dump dig leads to bottle envy!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Macaco

Reaction score
Hello All,

Monday I went digging with Stoneware Kid at a different dump site. Below are the finds,

My keepers. I have seen pictures of pumpkins like this, with the spider web pattern, but this is the first one I have dug,

Here it is with a slick one and a coffin flask propping them up. All three from Monday,

Two Kilmers! It's been a long time since I dug one. The one on the right is the first one I have found that doesn't have the kidney logo,

The stopper is jammed in tight with grit. Any ideas for liberating the stopper without breaking it or the bottle?

Paul Jones whiskey sampler,

Horse shoe tumbler,

Hay's Hair health,

This little pitcher is nice. 3.5” tall. Has anyone seen one like this?,

Here is the pitcher after cleaning and with good lighting,
Berkeley Pharmacy bottle. 4” tall,

Jars. The Dundee is not warped. The camera did that somehow,

Stoneware Kid's keepers,

A doll. Well some of a doll. He didn't want it so I brought it home. The old dolls give him the heebie-jeebies,

He wasn't doing well on bottles. Mostly slicks and busted pieces. Then he dug this one. It was the only bottle he kept. Not bad. Good enough to give me bottle envy actually,

Thanks for looking,

Steve

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Nice. I had a twin to that small green pitcher only it had a loose fitting swirled stopper. Always figured it a vinegar cruet. I've had luck putting mineral oil around stuck stopper, then running the NECK area of bottle under warm water (NOT Hot!) for a couple minutes. After a few times they came out. Nice finds, especially when you dig them. Al

2find4me

Reaction score
WOW, Nice dig and lots of pics!Dr. Kilmer's: History There are many different variants of his swamp root, I think the one without the kidney logo is less common. Lots of variants: HEREPaul Jones Sample and the Tumbler are nice.Dr. Hay's History & EBAYI like the Pitcher and nice pontil.J.A. Coleman Medicine is a good one, can't find much on it.Dundee EBAYGin is a sweet find, I'd say worth around $30.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Awesome dig! That gin is a beauty, love the way that glass shines. I like the pitcher as well. Thats a nice find. You guys are in a great spot. Looking forward to more great photos and finds. Good luck to you.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I am working on a project study of applied glass handles and appreciate your find. Neat old gflass in any-ones collection. Thanks for the showing. RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18