Atwood's Jaundice bitters question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

delphinis

Reaction score
Hi EveryoneI bought an Atwood's Jaundice bitters bottle today for $5. The embossing read's "Atwood's Jaundice Bitters, Moses Atwood Geoergetown, Mass" I know at some point the embossing on Atwood bottles was changed to"Atwood's Jaundice bitters, Formely made by Moses Atwood, Georgetown, Mass". My question is does anyone know when that embossing was changed? Just wanted to get a estimated age range for this bottle. It's not a pontilled version so I know it's later than the 1860s. It's hand blown in mold. Any help is greatly appreciated. Anthony

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think that started after Manhattan Medicine Co in 1875 bought them but there were so many lawsuits it's hard to say just when. I'd guess 1880 or so but maybe into the 90's.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
According to the history published at a website by The Bottle Pickers. He sold his bitters business in 1855 and moved to Iowa. Also the bitters was still made and sold in new York state up until the early twenties............

sunrunner

Reaction score
I had did a paper on him,years ago,he stared his busness around amsburry mass in the 1830s,but soled it in the late 1860s. it was some time aroud then the labeling changed,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18