New Unlisted Local Milk(s)!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
In an interesting turn of events, I ran into a guy who used to dig the town over for me last month. He saw me digging in central RI, so we chatted for a while. He told me about a dump at a well-known area that I had never known about. He then proceeded to tell me about a milk he had found there that I had never heard of. I was a tad skeptical, but not anymore! I scouted out the area today, and found the dump just as he described it. Sure enough, shards of a new local milk bottle were everywhere! This was apparently the farm dump. It had been hit pretty well, but I was able to find two Christmas Cokes, a milk from Seekonk, Mass., and a nice blue medicine. The local milk (which I discovered has 3 variants) stayed elusive until the end. I found an example that was intact except for the top, but that was good enough for me! Mostly intact example, Gordon Farm, Federally Tested Heard North Kingstown
14268776942_573fe177be_z_d.jpg
Pint size shard
14268776622_13b697f58f_z_d.jpg
My favorite shard, has N. Kingston abbreviated, and Kingston is supposed to be Kingstown.
14247742776_ccd46c8c03_z_d.jpg

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Lightning strikes again!I predict you'll be searching for some new holy grails!

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Glad to see that I am not the only one with local shards. Those locals can be so elusive, I know my town has a number of milks which are known only from a shard or two. Way to go!

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
Sounds like my Dairy dump story, that's a nice looking milk. You'll find one some day. Also is the tailgate show in Remington still this Saturday Taylor?

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
In Richmond, yes, on May 31. Will be in Canada, but I hope you have fun and find some stuff if you go!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado