sweeny bottling works key west

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stacey

Reaction score
We are seeking a Sweeny bottling works bottle. My wife's great, great grandfather was DT Sweeny due to a family issue, she has no artifacts from this part of her family's history. Any help locating something from the works would be greatly appreciated. Her great grandmother was known as Dear Larranaga (laranyaga) and lived on Elizabeth street until her death, just behind the catacombs of the old bottling works. Thank you in advance.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, I think a lot of people want them also. They tend to sell high and fast when one comes available.Good luck on your search, I hope you get something.

Conch times

Reaction score
That's so awesome!! I have been on the old Sweeny factory site! My buddy owns the land now and lives on the property but his house is not the old Sweeny house.

Conch times

Reaction score
By the way, are you looking for a particular Sweeny bottle? I think there were four different ones from Key West.

willieboy

Reaction score
D.T. Sweeny

We are seeking a Sweeny bottling works bottle. My wife's great, great grandfather was DT Sweeny due to a family issue, she has no artifacts from this part of her family's history. Any help locating something from the works would be greatly appreciated. Her great grandmother was known as Dear Larranaga (laranyaga) and lived on Elizabeth street until her death, just behind the catacombs of the old bottling works. Thank you in advance.

I will keep my eyes peeled for one of the several varieties of bottles that D.T. Sweeny used. From what I know he used an amber lightning stopper bottle, a gravitating stopper bottle, a Conner closure bottle and a bottle I would classify as a blob top (retainer cork type closure). Probably the nicest bottle he used in his days as a bottler was late in his bottling career in New York. It is a light cobalt blue bottle similar to the squat type porter bottle used by John Ryan from Savanna, Georgia. The front is embossed D.T. Sweeny and the obverse is embossed Philadelphia XX Porter & Ale He also had a cobalt Peerless Mineral Water bottle from a short term partnership with a fellow named Cherry. And last but not least he had a cobalt pony type blob top with just his name embossed. All of the cobalt colored bottles are attributed to his bottling operation in New York (33 Norfolk Street).

kW trencher

Reaction score
I have a d t sweeny bottle I would b willing to part with if u are still interested

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi