How do I know if I am paying too much?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
LisaTammy said:
Yeah after doing some research I decided to buy it, now anxiously awaiting delivery.
I assume you love this bottle right?[:)] well think like this: which one is easier -find another piece of this beauty or $25+$10=$35 ?? Beside love is blind, isn't[;)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well working for Thatcher Glass, I have the one that they gave me when I went there at the ag3 of 9, with my Grand Father when he made arrangements for me to see how they made them. Some 30+ years I went to work for them. I now have about seven old ones that have the old I D. omn the bottom of "/ T. M. Co. " embossed on the bottom. I also have one with a wire and metal capping system on it. RED Matthews

epgorge

Reaction score
The most I ever paid for a milk bottle is $50. It was a local and hard to find. The most I ever paid for a bottle is $750. That too was a local, a poison. It was pristine, with label and part of the Greer Collection. Butterfly effect? Top dollar, I know. It probably won't ever see that level of purchase again, but I really wanted it. Still have it too. probably will until the day I die. Then, they can bury it with me.Joel

LisaTammy

Reaction score
I think the bottle was well worth it the condition was perfect. I am really enjoying it. Of course now I am on the hunt for another local Dairy that is quite elusive. It doesn't end does it? I took my 86 year old dad to the old farmhouse privy I have been digging and he found an embossed whiskey and now he is hooked and wants to go with me all the time. This hobby snags all who try it I think.Lisa

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi