%#@%^&*(( Upper Peninsula

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LisaTammy

Reaction score
I live in the U.P. of Michigan and digging is near impossible right now. Beautiful weather and about 5 zillion mosquitoes. Not kiddin lol. There are so many they can make it hard to see. Sooooo yesterday i got all dressed up in long pants tucked into my socks, long sleeved shirt tucked into gloves an a bug baffler on my head. I was so darn hot! I did find one Dad's root beer (which I thought was another duraglas beer bottle at first lol. Anyway how are the rest of you michigan diggers doing with this infestation?Lisa

MIdigger

Reaction score
Down here (Genesee county) its much the same. Skeeters bad, using those Off battery operated repellers work ok. But, they are awful, walk outside and become a blood donor. Went to my friends military surplus shop and got one of those mosquito head net things that looks like a bee keepers head wear. Only problem I have with the Off machines is I usually bury one about ever other dig and lose them.

tftfan

Reaction score
Smoke [&:] we also have luck with dryer sheets. [:)]

Attachments

• 59627b4e323248519a994bf0f82f4f88.jpg
    59627b4e323248519a994bf0f82f4f88.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 78

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Man, that sounds brutal! I wonder if anyone up there has stockpiles of DDT. I would buy some kind of mosquito fogger in bulk quantities and go to war, but that's just my inner exterminator talking...

LisaTammy

Reaction score
You should have seen me yesterday all bundled up with the bug net on my head. But I NEEDED to dig. My brother was telling me about suits they make for fisherman and hunters that are full body bug proof but still breathable. A little expensive but I am considering it.

Macaco

Reaction score
Hi Lisa,I'm thinking one of those back yard tent top deals with mosquito netting sides. Reasonably portable I imagine, broken down.Say, 6'X6' ground coverage?A big box store or hardware type store might carry them.That would save you from the uncomfortable and clumsy anti-biter clothing.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I was just up in U.P. digging 2 weeks ago. I had no problem with mosquitoes then but I did use some OFF spray anyways. I had more of a problem with Ticks. BUT, Just today in Detroit I went out digging & forgot the OFF in the car & was attacked by hundreds of Mosquitoes. And some ticks. LEON.

sandchip

Reaction score
I was born a tick magnet. I can walk across a concrete slab and pick 'em up.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yep, I also live just north of Detroit. The skeeters came out in hoards about a week and half ago. I have a very large backyard with a small patch of woods behind me and I can't go back there without getting overwhelmed by them. Time to break out the heavy artilery. I would like to try and find some old maps of my yard too see if any privies or such used to be there.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Crap don't know how I reposted that. Anyway,yeah about two weeks ago you would have been safe from the skeeters. My nephew was out hunting morels a week ago and I was teasing him because he had more ticks than mushrooms when he came back. I'm going out to dig again today. Time to get on my goofy get up.Lisa

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum