Old School Privy?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MosesGreene

Reaction score
I recently discovered an old school foundation in some woods. Off to the side is a pretty good size hole. I could stand in it and be waist level with the ground. The school dates back to the late 19th century. I started to dig a bit and was pulling out stuff from the 40s and 50s. Nothing too good. Then I started to see nothing. Could that be a "cap"? There are a lot of bricks in it, so I'm assuming its brick lined? Do you guys think it's even a privy? I've dug several dumps but never a privy. Any advice from the experts? Thanks

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
You have nothing to lose from a little more digging. There could be some early sodas, and some medicines and inks. I would probably dig some more.

sunrunner

Reaction score
if in deed it is a school outhouse.i woud be surprised if any thing came out of it.if you are lucky.you may find an ink or to, maybe a glue bottle some pint milks.Idug one school house privy,and all that was in it was a broken doll,and a pocket watch.

daniel helm

Reaction score
hey someone like 1950s digger or something was posting about some plates and old bottles in a new site he found and even posted some pics of some springs said he was to weak to move them and a pepsi bottle that he left. no worries he can keep the items, their are some bad things buried their, I own that site and the epa, nhdes, and water resources are involved in this. Just so you know we have been having bad health issues for three years, until we quit diggin. excuse the language...but no f n shit...

MosesGreene

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. That was my biggest worry, doing all that digging and nothing being down there. It looked like someone was using it to dump trash in at one point. I may give it a go.

sunrunner

Reaction score
deniel helm sounds a little nutty,whats his point?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I figured it was a spammer when I saw it. I wasn't going to approve it but it wasn't all linked to wedding dresses, gold etc. so I did anyway.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
If you found bricks, it might have been brick-lined, or, the bricks might have been thrown down to crush the bottles and what not so as to make more room for it. Sadly it happens a lot. Depends, though. How thick is the brick-layer, and how deep do they go? Only way to find out is to dig. Best of luck to you.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu