question about unussual color

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I don't believe that bottle was nuked, they show up from time to time. I saw one long enough ago that nuking wasn't known like it is now. I would think it a safe buy, as to color.......Andy

botlguy

Reaction score
I've never seen one in that color and since it is an animal medicine bottle the color seems wrong. That doesn't mean it's not authentic. I simply don't know but I suggest further research is in order.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Those are reproductions. They came in 4 or 5 colors and have been discussed here several times. Dig around and at least one post should show up.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
You learn something every day! Eric would know about the past discussons. I never knew they were reproductions, have just seen them in the past and didn't think it was nuked glass. BUT still not agood buy at $55.00.....Andy

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
...I'll have to think about it...anyway thanx ya'll...

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Of all the bottles I've actually seen, all the nuked ones are purple-amethyst. Tell me, do they come in other colours?

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
Of all the bottles I've actually seen, all the nuked ones are purple-amethyst. Tell me, do they come in other colours?

Yup. Some off and nasty ambers and browns for one. Some sellers have had some light colors that are close to natural colors, but off somehow, like citrons that are sort of grayish. It apparently varies widely depending on what is in the glass that the UV reacts to. I've taken, with my inks, if I see an odd color, to viewing sellers other items. If they have any funky purple bottles for sale, I won't buy the item, even if I think it COULD be a natural color. Jim G

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well we are all dealing with a world of people out to screw everyone, to satisfy their greed without caring about honesty. It is a responsibility of controlling our enthusiasm for things that we can feel confident in knowing what we are buying. Life is a bi*** to control our desires sometimes.RED M.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu