B-Day finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kor

Reaction score
When we bought our house about 4 years ago we found a small, late 1800s trash pit but never did end up finding any privies. I haven't done much digging the last few years until my friend came over on the 8th and we located one of the older privies on the property. We opened it up but he ran out of time to do much digging so bright and early on the 9th I tore into it. 8 hours later I ended up with a nice little batch. There was also about a dozen unemossed meds that I didn't bother to clean up. Another friend came over for the last 2 hours of the dig and he took a few nice bottles home. Nothing very rare here but I was just happy to be finding glass! The sample size Dr. Miles Nervine is pretty cool. This wasn't the oldest pit so hopefully I'll have more to show off soon.[attachment=6-9-14finds.jpg]

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Older style lip finish on the Warner's and the blobby looking soda leads one to think there is some serious age still to dig somewhere if this isn't the oldest pit. Nice finds and good luck. We expect some pics and the long version of the story. Jack

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So I think I see three of them in the center left - that look like threaded finishes. If there are vertica;l seams on those threaded tops, the bottles are ABM (Automatic Bottle Machine) products. I notice one has a handle - and I am making a study of hand applied handles, but I think it has threads on the finish. RED Matthews

2find4me

Reaction score
Happy B-Day and Great Finds! The Warner's is a good one, also is the squat blob embossed?I would be interested in the Dr. Miles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky