New here and gifted a bunch of bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey, I'm glad you didn't ask value, there may be some but not a lot.Post 7, pic 1, bottle 4 I'm unsure of.I see a MOM's (common) but another cobalt with a label that does intrigue me.What is that one? Post 8, pic 1, right front. MOMish but labeled.The Cokes generally are wanted in script, that one is a product bottle. It may have a small town that may be of interest to someone.The Mc trade mark for McCormick didn't start until 1941 if I recall.I really can't see much in the photo's that are eye grabbing to me. That doesn't mean they aren't there though.PS; MOM is Milk of Magnesia.[:)]

Old Hickory

Reaction score
These were all found locally from Halifax to Tower City area of central PA. The Coke bottle is from Harrisburg PA bottler, I just never saw one like it, any guess as to age? Roxie-never heard of it. It's the slim little fellow that puzzles me though. I'll maybe line some of the bottles up and photograph them, I'm not in it for money, I just like em! It would be great to find an old colonial era bottle from the area though!

2find4me

Reaction score
Most of those look common and not very old, but I do see a few good ones. The roxie is pretty cool, maybe get some close up pics of the embossed cork top bottles and sodas.

epgorge

Reaction score
Old Hickory said:
100_0429_zpsf07c7119.jpg
100_0430_zps58b632fe.jpg
100_0424_zps509ab6ec.jpg
Okay, here's most of what I was given from the old lady up the road. I've sorted them out and found some interesting ones, I'll post next, (along with my old collection).
Looks like most came from a turn of the century dump! Soda's may be of minimal value. Sorry, I don't know much about soda or beer bottles. Cobalt is a milk of magnesium.Joel

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
When I found out what my Citrate of Magnesia bottle is for, it went in as a place for my baby lake fish to hide. Heh. Still, cobalt is lovely and medicine tends to always be of interest. Looks like a milk bottle with that wide mouth down in the lower right. Embossed?

epgorge

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
When I found out what my Citrate of Magnesia bottle is for, it went in as a place for my baby lake fish to hide. Heh. Still, cobalt is lovely and medicine tends to always be of interest. Looks like a milk bottle with that wide mouth down in the lower right. Embossed?
Most of those are condiment jars..... olives, capers, mustard, etc.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Now it hides my pet fish. [:D] And, yes, I have some of those same jars in my bottle garden--a French's Mustard is in the pond for those minnows. Heh. Nonetheless, they all are part of history be them 50 years old or 100. Only 7-Up I ever found was an early 1960s one missing the neck in my school's Creek. Ghost lettering, so it had no reason to go on display, and is proudly sitting by a Climantis on a trellis on my bottle garden (upside down to hold firmly in the ground planted), protecting the flowers with a none-to-impenetrable wall of glass from rampaging turtles who siege the city of--okay, so way to over-the-top dramatic, eh?

Old Hickory

Reaction score
I'll try for pictures this week-end. The ones in the basket are pretty much the later twist top bottles destined for storage in the cellar. Pretty much worthless now, but still, they don't make em any more. The embossed cobalt bottle is M.O.M. bottle. "The Chas. H. Phillips Chemical Co. Glenbrook, Conn." with trademark embossed. Soda bottles, I'll take any of those old worthless ones I can get! There's even throw-away from the 70's-80's (Coke) twist off with the "beaded" body. Just don't see em anymore. Now, I' ve heard of "Moxie" soda, but "Roxie"? Never heard of it, but there's a Roxie bottle there! A couple of local soda makers bottles here, Smith's and Son, and Cyrus Donelly, both from a few miles away. Yes, there's a lot of "junk" in the collection, but with few exceptions, it's junk that isn't made anymore, btw, thanks for the bottle garden idea, that's where the junk might go... The old condiment jars will hold nails, screws, nuts, washers in the shop, but I won't get rid of them. Some Heinz ketchup bottles from the 30's-40's-bottle garden material. There's one Heinz ketchup bottle in the bunch that isn't a twist-off, looks like a stopper neck, but clearly Heinz, never saw one that wasn't twist-off. Indeed, there are lots of common bottles there, but Model "T"s were once common. Either way, I just keep what I find and they're interesting. The holy grail for me would be to come across a local bottle from the mid 1700's when this area was settled. I'll get some more detailed pictures this week-end. Thanks for the comments and questions!..and there's probably even a few good ones there!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi