Not exactly a soda-pop bottle per se, but....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Robert, Up north, I have three or four old Hires bottles that my Mom had used when I was a kid. She got them often at the old A&P store in Watkins Glen. We enjoyed the stuff when I was a kid. The got in my bottle collection back when I was ten or twelve years old.RED Matthews

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
An extended family member of mine was early in making the glass banks. We have one he made. They've gained much popularity. If you want to hear about money hard to shake out, my mom brought back a 1950s pay phone decades ago-- I've shaken about a dollar's worth of coins out of it. It still has what must be a lead weight in it. You thank me for participating in the forum, but you do more: You go through and attempt to answer people's questions, and you share the knowledge you've gained. You're quite nice to us here. Thank YOU. Are the Hires the soda-pop bottles or the extracts?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Robert - I just like people and old hand made glass items. I just went out to my tool shed - and found four boxes of my old collection items. All interesting- and it seems funny because I can hardly remember them. That is what goes with 77 years of accumulating. They still make me smile. My daughter put them in storage when we moved out of our big home out on Siesta Key. have always been a pack rat for antiques. REC M.

metrmanmichael

Reaction score
Robby Raccoon, sunrunner, Canadian Bottles, I just found the exact same bottle in the roots of an old oak tree that fell over out here in California. The only difference is mine has a number 13 embossed on the bottom. Could this be the year it was made or maybe where the bottle was made? And since it does have a number embossed on the bottom, does this increase the value any?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1