Bullet in a bottle !!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goodman1966

Reaction score
Have had this for I while. At first I tried to get it out because it hour it was an old cork. But it's a lead bullet. I'm leaving it as is. Any theories as to how it got in there. Bottle reads
Austen's
Forest Flower
Cologne
W J Austin
& Co
Oswego N Y[attachment=image(KO).jpg]
[attachment=image.jpg]

Attachments

• 4049f2f2017a4e5abe0837cc34ba4e2e.jpg
    4049f2f2017a4e5abe0837cc34ba4e2e.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 102
  • fa80c7f59f5041e8a7006448b3b7ea1f.jpg
    fa80c7f59f5041e8a7006448b3b7ea1f.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 91

botlguy

Reaction score
I would say someone is as good a shot as I am but then I noticed that it's in backwards. Then I realized that bullets, unbeknownst to many, tumble in their trajectory. So, my input is: Someone just stuffed it in there. Looks like a .22 caliber to me. BTW, I have one of those bottles in my "Littles" collection thanks to conchtimes whom we have not heard of for awhile and whom I miss a lot, along with several others. If you are lurking, PLEASE come back. My input: Leave it as is, it adds character way beyond the value if the bottle.

2find4me

Reaction score
Cool find, I think I found the same bullet, trying Plumb's Storm Sewer technique.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I like your bullet bottle better than mine (if a B-B is considered a bullet, as it should be since it is fired from a gun.) They ruined two straight-side Coca-Cola bottles that would have actually had value. [>:] If you look at yours, it looks a bit big to put in there, doesn't it? Swelling, perhaps? Firstly, why is a bullet in a bottle? What's the year on it?

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
It was very simple for them to do even if it is larger than a 22 cal. I learned how to do this when I worked a Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. All you do is freeze the bullet and boil the bottle, simple expansion and contraction.

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Yes really simple to do. You can also do things like cut an E shaped block of wood, stick the top part of the E in boiling water for a couple hours, pull it out and place the boiled end in a vice tighten slowly. Now the fun part put a nail through the middle arm of the E release the vice let dry it will return to normal shape now you have an E shaped block of wood with a nail magically in the middle.

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
I'll vote for 38 special lead bullet...I have no idea...on what bullet doing in there...crude guess someone toying with bullet probably kid & put it in there...as cork...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I don't think they went through all that trouble there Bret :) To bad your bottle is not of the alcohol Variety then you might have know where the phrase "Have a shot" originated . :)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi