Help Identify Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

adh

Reaction score
Hi, After doing some digging in my garden I've found a number of old bottles. Most I can identify through searching their labels on the internet. However one is causing a problem with identification. Its a green bottle with an internal stopper thread. It has embossed on the bottle 'Gloucester Bottling Co'. I've attached a photo which I hope helps.

Can anyone give any info on this bottle?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 7446385eb1bd4c10b1fedae636eb9344.jpg
    7446385eb1bd4c10b1fedae636eb9344.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 63

2find4me

Reaction score
I'm guessing its foreign to the US, maybe from the UK or more specifically England. Can't help you much on that one, I'm not real keen on foreign bottles.I would like to see some of your other ones you found, maybe post some more pics?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Beautiful garden find. Best I find are marbles and furniture pieces. Once was fence-post digging just outside the garden. Crunch. I pull it out and reach down in the hole. Turns out it was a small milk bottle. 'Was' is an understatement for what was then left.

botlguy

Reaction score
I do believe that is an English ale bottle. You do not indicate where you are located but these are occasionally found in the USA. It appears to have some age, probably manufactured in the latter part of the 19th century. It could be American but probably not. I hope this helps some, perhaps one of our UK members can help identify it when they wake up. [8D] Jim

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I am glad I picked up this thread. I have been working on a homepage blog that covers the hand tooled internal and external tooled threading in bottles and the tools they used to make them. I marvel that their hands could maintain a working lead curvature that would work. What a HOBBY RED Matthews

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Likely a ginger beer, at least in Canada that's what dark green internal thread stoppers were usually used for, though we don't have many of them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler