Looking For Special Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tripps Mom

Reaction score
I am looking for Benn-Hubb peanut butter jars. My great-grandfather was the "Hubb" part of the Bennett-Hubbard Candy Company that sold out to Topps Candy Company in 1943. It was a candy company based in Chattanooga, TN. They also made maple syrup and peppermint candy. I have one of the peppermint candy tins but would love to add anything I can find to my collection.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi Tripps Mom, I'm sharing a couple of photos of the Benn-Hubb Peanut Butters in my collection. I'm sorry, but neither one of them is for sale at this moment. In fact, I'd sure like to put a couple of original lids on them. The embossing is slightly different on each jar - the quart has "Finest Quality", and the pint says "Made with Peanuts and Salt" and "Union Made". I really like jars with a lot of embossing on them, and these fill the bill. Here's hoping someone spots a couple in an antique mall for a buck apiece and helps you out. Good luck with your quest! -Tammy

Attachments

• f3e4ac482ea241b6a39a1f7a63f91b7a.jpg
    f3e4ac482ea241b6a39a1f7a63f91b7a.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 595a7c4501d64a4ba2c5754822766ec0.jpg
    595a7c4501d64a4ba2c5754822766ec0.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 190

Tripps Mom

Reaction score
Thanks Tammy for sharing!I have an old peppermint tin that says Bennett-Hubbard Candies, Chattanooga USA on it. Doesn't say what kind of candy nor is their a date but it is a red tin painted with holly around it. I also have several of their old ledgers that showed what supplies they purchased and how much they cost. I love my jars though. I have 5 different styles and sizes.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
I'm sure the group, as well as myself, would love to see some photos of your collection, please feel free to post a few. I'd be interested in seeing your other variations on the jars as well. Any extra lids???

Tripps Mom

Reaction score
No lids, unfortunately. I will take some pics and do my best to put them on here. I am new to the board and learning how to use it! Lol...I'll figure it out though.

partonplace

Reaction score
I have a peanut jar from the bennett-hubbard candy company in the store. We are in Gatlinburg tn. Look us up on Facebook.

Puppers2

Reaction score
I have just seen your post and not sure if I am connecting in this forum or not! My great uncle was the Bennett in Bennett-Hubbard. He died when I was young, so only vague memories. I live in Chattanooga and occasionally run across the jars at estate sales. I only have a couple. A few have the tops. I have never seen other memorabilia. The ledges sound wonderful. I would love to see a few pages if you can scan them. The building that was the factory has been many things and now is a restaurant and office complex. In the right light, on very wet day, you can still see a bit of the painted sign on the brick exterior near the roof. Do you have any photos? Thanks....Gail Rich
Tripps Mom said:
I am looking for Benn-Hubb peanut butter jars. My great-grandfather was the "Hubb" part of the Bennett-Hubbard Candy Company that sold out to Topps Candy Company in 1943. It was a candy company based in Chattanooga, TN. They also made maple syrup and peppermint candy. I have one of the peppermint candy tins but would love to add anything I can find to my collection.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Gail, if you have or find any marked lids that fit regular size mason jars, I'll make you a good offer! jarsnstuff (at) yahoo (dot) com -Tammy

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Here is an example of a very rare color and unlisted, light apple green, Benn-Hubs Quart Jar.

Attachments

• a8001f6803a14e4b9b271ce503346a06.jpg
    a8001f6803a14e4b9b271ce503346a06.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 163

Gkirin

Reaction score
bottleboy311 have you found any info on your green Benn-Hubb jar or info regarding value by chance? I have recently discovered a green bottle as well that was among 6 additional clear versions at my great aunts barn. Thank you!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum