Need help with mushroom cap style aqua

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Wherever you found it, there ought to be some pontils nearby!

botlguy

Reaction score
Dave, I think we are now all settled down. I have to accept the lions share of the blame for this conflict, I was off base and over stepped my bounds on several accounts. I apologize. Lately I have become a "know it all" who knows far less than he thinks he does so I will take my own advice and check the facts. This piece of yours is a true, known form for an insulator versus what I said originally and a darn valuable one at that. Last on this issue for me, Congratulations on a terrific find. Please keep us informed about what happens to it. Jim

MaineRelic

Reaction score
Yes Jim We are all settled down , I appreciate your apology and offer one of my own for overreacting ! I do appreciate all the help I have recieved on here ! All I can say about my discovery is I do not know what to say ! I was actually dissapointed with my Sunday afternoon hunt and almost got skunked ! I only came home with one small insulator and some junk ! . I new it was an unusual one but had no clue it was a signifigant find ! Not my very best find ever but maybe second best ! As far as what I am going to do with the CD 780 ? I generally do not sell many of my finds because I work to hard for them and become emotionally attatched to the memories of the hunt and enjoy seeing them in my house , , Right now I am trying to get a digging related bussiness off the ground so I can spend more time doing what i love to do ! Finding Things ! So I am going to try to sell this piece to help get my bussiness off the ground . Collector inquires are certainly welcome ! Im not really sure the best way to sell a piece like this ! Certainly not Ebay ! I do have a relative in the auction bussiness and could wait for a good glass auction ! Any thoughts ?? Again thank you for your help and nice commentss on my find ! MaineRelic

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I wouldn't say e-bay isn't the right place to sell it at all, there are 3and 4 thousand dollar bottles sold there every week, sometimes bottles of much more value than that are sold there for some adequate prices. Generally speaking if your item is as good as several people have said it is, I would offer it on e-bay first with a reserve and not be worried at all about it bringing the correct price, e-bay reaches everybody all the time and items sell there for pretty much what they are worth if pictured and described correctly. First I would go to an online insulator site such as pole top discoveries and advertise what I have, then either auction or sell it direct, pole top discoveries is an online and I believe a print magazine about Insulators. Good luck, and that is am amazing find......Andy

sandchip

Reaction score
MaineRelic said:
...I was actually dissapointed with my Sunday afternoon hunt and almost got skunked ! I only came home with one small insulator and some junk !... MaineRelic

Wish I could have a "disappointing" hunt like that once in a while!
andy volkerts said:
...First I would go to an online insulator site such as pole top discoveries and advertise what I have, then either auction or sell it direct, Pole Top Discoveries is an online and I believe a print magazine about Insulators. Good luck, and that is an amazing find......Andy

I don't know what his consignment rate is, probably well in line with ebay, but Klingensmith at Pole Top is extremely knowledgeable and will properly market this very significant find, not only with good pictures and description, but probably with a bit of history on this piece as well. Your example also has the added bonus of a bit of amber swirling in addition to being in exceptional condition. It would be a tough decision for me to part with it. The money would be nice, but the odds of finding something like this again would be like hitting a 500k Powerball twice in a lifetime. Best wishes whatever you do with it.

143Tallboy

Reaction score
Join insulators.info (ICON) and you can list the piece for sale with no fees. You shouldn't have any trouble getting book value for this piece since it's so rare and in such great shape. Once you join the mailing list at http://www.insulators.info/icon/join/ You can then post the piece on the picture poster pages in the For Sale section:http://www.insulators.info/pictures/?op=list&folder=7Put a reasonable price on it and you should have no trouble selling the piece. No need to pay expensive Ebay fees, etc.

Dansalata

Reaction score
what a cool find!!! congrats and good luck,i found a cd700 in cranberry purple some years ago,sold at a san jose insulator auction for 3150..good memories!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi