Need help with mushroom cap style aqua

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MaineRelic

Reaction score
I recently found this Fairly small aqua mushroom cap style insulator here in Maine ! No embossing . A non threaded post recess . I cannot find a match on the net ! Any help from you pro's out there would be greatly appreciated .

Attachments

• 7653137bb61c47719668f2438e3a191d.jpg
    7653137bb61c47719668f2438e3a191d.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 106
  • b762a5d714734c7387ac8f03dda62355.jpg
    b762a5d714734c7387ac8f03dda62355.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 95

botlguy

Reaction score
It is NOT a known insulator shape, look closely where it flares out at the top. I suspect it is the marriage of two pieces. Neat to look at although never used for insulating from electricity leakage. Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
I am not at all certain that I have an explanation. Here's a possibility I've seen before. If one were to cut and smooth flat surfaces on two broken insulators, the top of one type and the bottom of another type, and glue them together, one can get a number of interesting shapes. It's been done. This may or may not be the case here. Jim

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
But to make it look truly real even under close inspection, could one melt it without distorting it?

MaineRelic

Reaction score
First time I have posted on this forum and I get accused of putting two pieces together to make one ? I thought this site might be helpful not accusatory ! Thanks a lot Bob MaineRelic

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
MaineRelic, I asked the question and he answered as well as didn't realize it's not a true insultor, but a Battery Rest--we didn't accuse you. He just gave his opinion based on given information.I just wanted to know if it were possible to create a Frankenstein among insulators. Bears are curious by Nature, and this was a place where it wouldn't be too random to ask. Further, you made another thread about this piece where you got answered. So, I used this one which was not totally answered, to ask my question.

botlguy

Reaction score
Bob, you are not ACCUSED of anything. We are asking questions to be able to give legitimate, reliable answers. You do not mention specifically how this piece was acquired. You say: "I recently found" which could mean anything. You ask for: " Any help from you pro's out there" and that is what I / we are trying to provide. A couple / 2 pictures don't tell us ALL we need to know. If you look at your other post you will see that we / me woke up to the fact that it COULD be a Battery Rest and worth a lot of money. Chill out Bob, take a deep breath and read, listen and learn. You're on our turf. Jim

MaineRelic

Reaction score
If this is how you treat new members to your turf then I want no part of it. ! I thought it was an open forum. And yes as far as I am concerned if you theorized that it was a home manufactured piece on the actual post ! Then you are accusing me of doing so !

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado