Mushroom cap style aqua . Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MaineRelic

Reaction score
I recently dug up this relatively small mushroom cap style aqua insulator . So far I can find no match or ID on the net ! There is no embossing . And has a thread less insert ! Any help from you pro's out there would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks. MaimeRelic

Attachments

• 9cb6ead299fd4174942e99928e66fc7a.jpg
    9cb6ead299fd4174942e99928e66fc7a.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 85
  • f8c7ab25e940485ba518471b8aca6a0b.jpg
    f8c7ab25e940485ba518471b8aca6a0b.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 91

143Tallboy

Reaction score
Looks to be a CD 61 battery rest. I have seen one of these before and it had no embossing - there is one listed int eh price guide embossed M.T. Co. upside down on the skirt - they book around $1,000 (!) The book does not list an unembossed version but new discoveries are being made every year. With you being located in Maine I would not be surprised if it was used by the Montreal Telegraph company as they had a presence in Portland Maine and along the Grand Trunk Railway. Take a close look at the skirt just in case though.

botlguy

Reaction score
I do not believe it's a CD 61 but it's close. I got out my Price Guide and looked at battery rests and TallBoy has it pegged pretty good. The CD 61 is a bit different at the very top. What are the measurements on that badboy. As Chris said, it may be a new style. If you don't find out, several of our members, including myself, have the contacts to get you the answers. This COULD be an amazing find. Jim

MaineRelic

Reaction score
At least this thread seems normal and non accusatory ! No this is not two pieces cut with a diamond saw and glued together like Jim suggested in the other thread , but after that I am not sure I want to continue even with this thread ! Have some class MaineRelic

143Tallboy

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think he was being accusatory, you need to be thankful people are taking the time to respond and try to help you out. It's tough to tell someone's tone in an online post, so step back a bit and take a breath. It's not so far fetched to find a modified insulator in a dump. I once found a CD 196 in a dump that had the skirt perfectly removed with some sort of saw. The cuts were all perfect straight lines and were polished smooth. Not sure what I did with that one but it goes to show anything is possible. I dug through my pictures last night and found a picture of the one I had seen before, it's a fairly close if not exact match and was found by another insulator collector in Ontario about 13 years ago. I can post the picture if you want just let me know. That is a nice insulator and I'd like to own it, but likely could not give you what it's worth. Congrats on a nice find. Chris

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Really, MainRelic, you're just being childish now. Cut it out and leave it. I might be sounding aggressive now, but you need someone to tell you to behave. Your actions by dragging it into another thread are just ridiculous, and only make you look bad.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora