Flea Market bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Your welcome but I do not know, I was just clarifying because "value" and "selling for" are two completely different things.

JRCL

Reaction score
Thanks Bert.It's still a nice looking bottle to keep.

canada

Reaction score
Re my earlier post; I should have said that blackglass sandpontilled bottles were MADE in Britain up to the early 1870s. They were often re-used at a later date to hold various contents. I have seen one similar to yours with a lable for ammonia that probably dated to after 1900. Dave

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hey It is a nice old hand blown bottle. After you read enough books you will learn a lot about how they were made. Grand Old American Bottles by Dr. Larry Freeman is the best one. The Mouth Blown Bottle by Grace Kendrick and Early American Glass by Reha Mansfield Knittle will get you really ointo the hobby. I have about a hundred books in my reading library on the subject; And I have read all of them. So get into it boy. RED M.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Looking at the full height picture on the right, I seem to see a vertical line in the glass under the finish that tilts to the left. This tells me that the bottle might hae been turned in the mold to reduce the mold seam viewing - yet y9u said the bottle had embossing on it. The bottle maker can not turn th4 bottle in the mold. Unfortunately you "/ DID NOT SHOW THE EMBOSS9NG " in your description. In my opinion it may be a $40 b9ottle to me if it is a turn molded paste mold bottle. I am putting together a posted information collection of this type of neci twisting done in the mold. Are there any horizontal tool lines on the finish glass? I look for marks that tell us how the bottle was made. <bottlemysteries> until resolved.RED Matthews

JRCL

Reaction score
I apologize for the late reply but unfortunately my computer was damaged and just now i got myself a new one. Thanks for all the input and i really appreciate your time in educating me on this bottle. Thanks. JRCL.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac