ALL Members & Administrators Contribute Please.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Hello everyone, thank you for stopping in! I would like to get a General Senses of everyone's Personal Opinion of this bottle and what you would Personally value it at. It does not matter if you collect Cans, Jars, or any other types of Bottles. Please feel free to Comment on why you Like or Dislike it and how that ties into your Personal Opinion of the value. There is no specific reason I chose this bottle. Okay okay you got me lol there really is, I REALLY REALLY LIKE IT!!! This should also make for an Interesting thread.Thank you All, Bert DeWitt [attachment=inkwell (1).jpg] [attachment=inkwell1 (1).jpg] [attachment=inkwell2.jpg]

Attachments

• ee67ecd5bfd34abaa31a869f453775ff.jpg
    ee67ecd5bfd34abaa31a869f453775ff.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 77a3c7bcecba4a6795301eb587f0213f.jpg
    77a3c7bcecba4a6795301eb587f0213f.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 42035b6827a44c32919aab953c43e276.jpg
    42035b6827a44c32919aab953c43e276.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 71

goodman1966

Reaction score
Well I do like it to ! If I were going to purchase it I would not give more than 40$. I say that because the only two I've seen like it had ground lips. I would have to confirm the smooth lip version before I would pay more. But hey, I'm no expert ! Just my opinion. Nice ink ! Mitch

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Thank you Mitch for posting your opinion that you like it and why you would value it at such. It's okay you're not an expert, this thread is about Everyones Opinion of why they like or dislike it and reasonings for Opinion of value expert or not. Thank you for your contribution, Bert DeWitt

MichaelFla

Reaction score
My daughter has one just like it but without the haze. It's beautiful and we gave $35 for it. Hers is only the slightest shade darker than yours. You will find that the darker colors in these send the value up, but the aqua ones are relatively common. They still make a great display piece, though!

Plumbata

Reaction score
It is a very shapely bottle, the paneled base and attractive block letters contrasting nicely with the domed top. Not many pieces are as visually interesting as those inks, and if I dug one I'd definitely place it on a windowsill. I only actively collect local bottles though, so would pay at most around 40% of the price I would expect to get when resold.

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Thank you for your opinion and I agree with you it is a visually interesting design! I also want to thank you for your very interesting answer of what you personally would value it at. Thank you for contributing, Bert DeWitt

hemihampton

Reaction score
Is that what they call a Igloo Ink well? I like it, hope I can dig one someday. I probably wouldn't pay much for one though since I don't collect or specialize in them. Maybe $10 I'd pay? LEON.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
I have one just like it, but with a partial label. It's a very attractive bottle, but unfortunately fairly common (but less common than the ground lip variation). I'd say $25 to $30, even though it's one of the more appealing bottles that I've seen.

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
hemihampton said:
Is that what they call a Igloo Ink well? I like it, hope I can dig one someday. I probably wouldn't pay much for one though since I don't collect or specialize in them. Maybe $10 I'd pay? LEON.
Yes LEON they are sometimes referred to as a Igloo inkwell Good call! I don't collect or specialize in them either, I just really like the way it looks! I hope you get the chance to dig one as well someday.Thank you for your thoughts and sharing what you would personally value it at. Bert DeWitt

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp