Fire bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have collected a lot of glass form the Clyde Glass Company, n Clyde N.Y. on the Erie Barge Canal. They jade a lot of milk glass for ladies dresser dishes and bottles. They also mad a neat stopper and round bottle for use as a Fire Dowser. Both the stopper and bottle were hand blown and pontiled. They shipped them to New York City and to Chicago by the canal system. They also made a lot of glass canes there. Glass canes are another thing I like to collect. What is special with them is a lot of them were made with a cork closure - so the baton could be filled with alcohol, which they drank after the parades, and threw the canes against buildings after the parades. I only have found one that lived - so I guess that owne must have been sick and stayed home. One time when I was traveling, I found a man that had a big metal barn with at least a thousand canes hanging from the ceiling beams - that he had collected. If anyone knows about that collection and collector, I would like to visit him again. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora