Does this seem odd to you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Not sure what you are referring to? Sounds like someone really wants the cap and thus throws a solid bid at it to ensure they don't get sniped.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
I guess, but wouldn't you just have that as your max bid so if it didn't go higher than 5 or 6 bucks you wouldn't be wasting your money?LisaThat's a lot to pay for a common milk cap!!

bottlerocket

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if the high bidder does not pay for it and it goes back up OR goes to the next high bidder.

upmilks

Reaction score
Lisa, this may help. The Bancroft cap is a variation that was not know before. So with two collector wanting it, it went a little higher than a common cap.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Thanks UPmilks! I've noticed a lot of Upper Peninsula milks are going for high prices on ebay. i was bidding on a cloverdale from Manistique and was winning at 15.50 and right before closing time the bidding went crazy and it sold for 77$. How did you know about the rarity of the cap? Is there a magazine you subscribe to or a forum that talks about it? I have so much to learn at times it is overwhelming.Lisa

upmilks

Reaction score
Bill Edmonson, who put out the Michigan milk bottle books also put out a 3 volume set on Michigan milk caps. After that, I keep track of what surface by watching ebay and talking to other collectors. That is the highest I have seen that bottle sell for. Most often when a bottle like that sells high, there will be more listed, because that bottle isn't that rare.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I bid $500 on a beer can on ebay with 1 minute to go & had high bid at less then $500. Then 10 seconds left & I still got high bid & think I'm going to steal it cheap. Then all of the sudden with less then 10 seconds to go it sky rockets to $3,500. I see this stuff happen all the time on ebay. Last second Snippers, It's common. LEON.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Wow $3500! They were determined to get that can. Maybe another day you will have the opportunity to get one Leon.Lisa

hemihampton

Reaction score
LisaTammy said:
Wow $3500! They were determined to get that can. Maybe another day you will have the opportunity to get one Leon.Lisa

I got one, but mine is a rusty POS. The one on ebay was mint 1+ like brand new from 1935. LEON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu