Just a reminder Poison ivy cautions.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
Just a reminder I haven't had poison ivy in years, just got it over the weekend . Got me pretty good thought I was covered up really good but I am loaded on my forearms and wrist...I should of known better area was too close to heavy concentrations of ivy.was gonna post a pic but its kinda nasty...its not just the leaves the roots and stems can get you also...I feel dumb... guess I will stick to the rivers until late fall

Attachments

• 958088a92c6f4fc2bb631a4f653e0048.jpg
    958088a92c6f4fc2bb631a4f653e0048.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 85

RED Matthews

Reaction score
At least our bodies build up a resistance to continued poison ivy intensity, at least that is what my brother an I decided when we were trapping animals for fur selling.Life is a constant challenge. RED M.

iggyworf

Reaction score
I always read that a person does not build up an immunity to poison ivy. I catch very easy and have never been able to go near it. I am no expert in the study of it though. But i am an expert in getting it! lol!!!!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I got it something horrible as a kid, even hospitalized, and then nothing for 20 + years. In the last 5 I had some splotches but it never itched.[8|] I've done a lot of tee shirt wearing removal but did wear long pants.Maybe that doesn't mean anything.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
They do sell that soap on line that is supposed to counteract poison ivy.Lisa

iggyworf

Reaction score
I use 'Tech-Nu' when I first notice signs of it. That helps keep it in check very well. The blotches still last for 2-3wks, but I usually keep it from spreading alot.

sandchip

Reaction score
When I was a teenager, I helped a friend clean around his father's pecan trees for some extra money. The trunks were covered in it, and we were just grabbing it and pulling it off. It tore me up bigtime. I learned my lesson though and now I can spot that mess a mile away.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
Mine was poison oak. This is the first year for me experiencing this. Different rash then poison ivy.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac