Poison bottle I found!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Nice looking bottle. Good ol' formaldehyde. When I was in high school waaayy back when, one night, a 5 gal can of formaldehyde in the chemistry storage closet, rusted out and leaked the entire contents. The closet had a tile floor, but the classroom had carpet, which wicked up every drop. There wasn't getting every bit out, and they weren't gonna tear out the carpet, so it made for a miserable year of burning eyes and nose for everybody. My teacher was a former captain in the Marines. His advice was "Get tough." Incidently, he was my favorite teacher. Can you imagine the whineyasses and lawsuits a'flying if something like that happened today?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
sandchip said:
Nice looking bottle. Good ol' formaldehyde. When I was in high school waaayy back when, one night, a 5 gal can of formaldehyde in the chemistry storage closet, rusted out and leaked the entire contents. The closet had a tile floor, but the classroom had carpet, which wicked up every drop. There wasn't getting every bit out, and they weren't gonna tear out the carpet, so it made for a miserable year of burning eyes and nose for everybody. My teacher was a former captain in the Marines. His advice was "Get tough." Incidently, he was my favorite teacher. Can you imagine the whineyasses and lawsuits a'flying if something like that happened today?
[:D][:D][:D][:D] Now the whole school would hasmatted (if that's not a word, it should be) for a week anyway.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Ours left the stuff in bags of dead cats in my classroom, my chair one seat away, for a couple weeks.... They wouldn't do anything, or let me move, even though I was so sick of the scent and seeing plastic-wrapped cats every second hour.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
Ours left the stuff in bags of dead cats in my classroom, my chair one seat away, for a couple weeks.... They wouldn't do anything, or let me move, even though I was so sick of the scent and seeing plastic-wrapped cats every second hour.
Dead cats?! What sort of school were you going to?! We just had frogs, they smelled bad enough. Dead cats seems like it would traumatize a few students.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Anatomy. But I was in Health. My school is one of the best Public Schools in Michigan, or that's what they say and backup with news articles and whatnot. They're really quite blind to what goes on in school though.... Sure it's better than most I've been to/learned about, but it isn't acceptable for a supposedly "safe, happy, healthy educational atmosphere." Not just for me, but for others I've learned from that corroborates what would seem an outrageous claim. Unlike them, as a Bear I can easily be alone and avoid most people-related issues. Humans are social creatures.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac