Dump Help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Cherokee23

Reaction score
I recently came across this area at the top of a wooded hill side. I found some old rusty metal and a few pieces of broken glass. I started to scratch around and found pieces to several old milk bottles. I rummaged around some more and found a few bottles dating from the 20's to the 30's. My problem is I can't find where the dump is.I found the bottles scattered randomly around and didn't find anything but shards digging around in one spot. I saw maybe 8 or so bottles whole.The dirt is almost rock hard, but in some areas I got to the hard pan and still nothing.Do you guys think there is even a dump there to find? Or was it just a place where they randomly threw a load of trash?Could it be the remains of someone else dig a long time ago?Thanks!

goodman1966

Reaction score
Most people back then threw their trash down the hill. Start at the top and work your way down and sideways. You should find more if there is any. Hope you find it ! Mitch

RCO

Reaction score
anything is possible , I've found spots as well that were really small dumps and didn't contain a lot of bottles so it might just be a small dumping and not an actual dump but based on its age there could still be something good there

Cherokee23

Reaction score
Update:I went back to this site today and dug some more, found some fruit jars and a nice old flask. I also found out that an old farm house used to sit right in front of where I was digging. Found a nice map from 1929. I will try to get a picture of the flask. Plan on doing some more digging soon if the weather cooperates.

Plumbata

Reaction score
The main dump area may be down the slope of the hill. The stuff down the hill may be buried now so you might need to probe around.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu