Was this a veterinary bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cryptic

Reaction score
I found this same bottle a couple of years ago in a 1940's spot. I am also from Northern Ontario.

eric70

Reaction score
...and I am in northern Maine right on the NB, Canadian border, so maybe this was a bottle for dolls in Canada.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
On closer examination the notch appears rather uneven, a random break/fracture mark. I'm thinking there is no notch at all. Dang these small pictures now.[attachment=Clipboard01.jpg]

Attachments

• 427e8925feaf4710a93593d929e0a87b.jpg
    427e8925feaf4710a93593d929e0a87b.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 92

eric70

Reaction score
That was originally what i thought too but if you check out this link for the similar Doll-E-Toy bottle ( or in case this link is not working, just go to ebay and search for Doll-E-toy bottle), you'll see the same notch. The notch on my bottle may have been chipped, but I think it originally was machine made http://www.ebay.com/itm/A...mp;hash=item1c466653b1

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I always heard that these were doll bottles, though I was never quite sure what the notch was for. My first thought would be some part of the doll that it fits onto, though that would look kind of strange on the doll's end when the bottle wasn't there. The notch is definitely original though, most if not all of those bottles have one and that would be an extremely unlikely break, almost physically impossible.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well if the notch was made on an Automatic Bottle Machine the notch would have been made in the guide ring that is held in the neckring. a tr'ickie thing to accomplish, The finish seems to be for a flat cardboard cap - s0 that makes me think of a dairy product, We leave in a couple days for Florida, so I will be on the road for three days. I would like to see one of these notched bottle tops to study the surface to figure it it was made by the tooling. I am sure they aren't worth big bucks, but no one else seems to give us any clus on the noitch creation, I like to examine strange marks in glass products, so this is still a bottlemystery! RED M.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
When I tried to save the picture, it said it was already in my file, so that tells me that it was copied form the doll feeder posting. Just a surprise to me. RED M,.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18