Figurine bottles info questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

delphinis

Reaction score
Hi EveryoneI was at a yard sale this morning looking at some old bottles and the woman having the yard sale said that she had a few more bottles in her garage and wanted to know if I wanted to see them. Of couse I said yes and she was bringing me in to see them she said that these weren't for sale yet because she wanted to do some research on them. They were both figurine bottles. One was a light amberviolin shaped bottle and the other was a puce colored bust of George Washington, or at least I think its puce. It has a light purplish color to it. I wanted to know how can I tell if these are real or reproductions? Both were in great condition with no cracks, chips or staining of any kind. Both have seams that stop halfway up the neck and have stretch bubbles in the neck as well as other bubbles in other areas so they look legit to me but I'm no expert. Neither seem to have a pontil mark from what I can see, the bases were smooth. I know that if legit they could be worth alot or I thought they could be. She said she'd e-mail me with a price once she did here research. If they're legit and the price is good I'd be interested in buying them and selling them over the forum or on ebay. So I wanted to know what they may be worth before I buy them. She said all her bottles came from a building her husband worked in that was built in 1826. I wish I had pictures to post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anthony

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Violin bottles are very common. George Washington figure bottles are also common. go to Ebay and look them up in the advanced search section under SOLD. Find one that looks like the ones you have seen. Use that for your end of the bargaining. She will probably just look at the ones for sale, go to the highest price and set her price from that. Scott

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The Washington sounds like a repro by the amethyst color. Originals should say "Simon's Centennial Bitters" around the waist. Wheatons called it Simmons and usually marked Wheaton, nuline or something on the base. Nothing should be on the medallion. Clevenger and others were also different in some way. Most were repro's ABM, I need more to go on to narrow it down.The Viobot is another animal. They started in about the 1930's and are plentiful, colorful, popular and made by more that a few companies.

delphinis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and information. It's very much appreciated. I'm glad I inquired the forum first. I thought that they were worth more than they actually are would have overpayed if I didn't consult the forum first. Thanks again,Anthony

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi