How to ruin a perfectly good bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Maybe set it at 475 degrees twice? They used a kiln. There was another comment that said the actual temperature was 935. Of course this temperature will vary some by the actual chemical make-up of the glass, but I can't see it varying too awfully much.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I opened a FB account a while back but couldn't figure it out and it took forever to open a page. All I know about it is for sure I have 100's of people I never heard of wanting to befriend me and clogging my email account. [:mad:]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Will be the next biz to get into besides cleaning bottles. So now those who want to get into the biz will have to buy a kiln. Hopefully they know someone who is already in the pottery scene.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
If you have family members in high-school, I know many offer clay sculpture. So, they might have a kiln--be warned, though: Most everyone lost three out of about 7 projects in our class when I took it, and 90% lost their final projects... myself included... as the teacher couldn't get the company out to fix the kiln which either under- or over-heated everything till it wasn't right or, best of all, blew apart. [:D] I can not say it sunk my battleship, but it did blast the **** out of my sailing ship. Lol.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I took pottery in junior high and they kilned a bunch together, one or all blew up (I"ll never know), the whole bunch was trash after.That's made for a few pissed offed tweens or barely teens, I'll tell you.[:D][:mad:][:D][:mad:]

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
I opened a FB account a while back but couldn't figure it out and it took forever to open a page. All I know about it is for sure I have 100's of people I never heard of wanting to befriend me and clogging my email account. [:mad:]
Eric, you can go into your facebook settings and make sure you only get notifications from REAL friends or none at all. It's usually quite simple. I'm afraid I'm having to admit that FB is beginning to dominate the scene and if my new FB group is anything to go by, then the whole system is increasingly popular. It is so easy and so instant and it doesn't mean lack of security either...Anyway just letting you know :)

glass man

Reaction score
A the local bottle sow last year a guy that had a lot of NUKED bottles sold a god many of them..I think though it was t new bottle collectors or people that just came to check the show out and thought they looked cool..JAMIE

logueb

Reaction score
I saw the same thing at the last show that I attended Jamie. I also saw a huge group of food bottles at an antique mall that were nuked. All were the color of the Cheseborough in the photo above. Buster

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94