Local Found

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlerocket

Reaction score
I was down around the dump the other day and ran across a broken bottle. Just the embossed bottom section was in tact and it Read "Northampton Milk Co." on it with my home town.I discarded the broken bottle after wiping the tears from my face and went home to do some research on this company.I find many locals from surrounding towns but not too many from my home town. In fact I only have 3. 2 milks and a medicine. It is always exciting to find a local for me.Researching on Google books I found this company in a 1919 business registry as a profiting company for the year. That's it. No address, year started, year went out of business, advertisements or any other info that would be helpful in researching this. I even asked a local historian who had the information just mentioned about it being profitable in 1919.OH well I figured, too bad but it is what it is I thought.I then went down a couple days after and sticking out of the muck about 100 yards from where I found the broken one was just the lip of a milk bottle. Lifting it up, muck and all, I stuck it in a bag to take home to wash off. I find so many surrounding locals that I just passed it off as being one of those. I keep all the milks I find because they are just so darn cool.MUCH to my surprise when I washed it off It was a Northampton Milk Co. I could not believe it.1/2 pint with a few flea bites and scratches but overall in great shape.Now I am back on track trying to find more info on the company and am reaching out for assistance.There must have been dozens of places to buy milk at that time locally. I guess you did not have to be a dairy farm to sell milk.What makes an embossed milk rare, collectable, or common other than the obvious, quantity sold?SO any information you can pass onto me about this Milk Company would be much appreciated.Enjoy

Attachments

• 234e3ac786b949f1b7eb2f5daa71afd4.jpg
    234e3ac786b949f1b7eb2f5daa71afd4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 85

Dcravosa

Reaction score
Excellent story ----- Congrats! If only I could draw that straw someday.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94