JNO ARTO HOUSTON BELFAST GINGER ALE bottle rounded bottom

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coffeesergeant

Reaction score
Hello, I tagged along with a friend today on a bottle dig and found my first bottle. It was an area he frequents often but this bottle was one he'd never come across. Its got a blue - green tint to it and if I try to stand it up it wobbles because of the bottoms curved shape. I tried googling the bottle and found only one reference to it. Is this pure 1900 and is the rounded bottom intentional or a manufacturing mistake. Thanks for your help and I can't wait to dig again now.

Attachments

• 847386f71bd44d75ad6a06ca79735399.jpg
    847386f71bd44d75ad6a06ca79735399.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 152

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
From what I can find there are a few styles from him but that's the only one I saw using the short version for John.One letter, real short.[:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"and if I try to stand it up it wobbles because of the bottoms curved shape." and "Is this pure 1900 and is the rounded bottom intentional or a manufacturing mistake."
PS; it's hard to tell from the picture. Some suppose to be flat come out a little rounded, others are made with rounded bottoms so they can't stand on the own. In this case I'd say a bit before 1900.Also, Belfast was a type of ginger ale and really didn't necessarily (except a formula) have anything to do with a city in Ireland or a town in Maine etc. [:D] Just in case you were wondering.[:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I did go out for a couple hours but I wasn't able to find anything more really between times. I'd think it's a fairly rare bottle so I'd suggest not selling it to the first person to make an offer if that's the intent. That's up to you and your friend though I guess.

sandchip

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
... I'd think it's a fairly rare bottle so I'd suggest not selling it to the first person to make an offer if that's the intent...

I agree. Looks like a good one. Good ol' beginner's luck. I think it skipped me.

nhpharm

Reaction score
That is a very good bottle...I believe they pull very good money. You digging in Houston?

coffeesergeant

Reaction score
Hello and thank you all. We were digging in Sabine Pass , Tax. Its at the mouth of the Sabine river which forms the boundary between Texas and Louisiana. Lot of history in this area as it was also once the border between the United States and the Republic of Texas and also between the US and Mexico. My friend digs this area often and has am massed a large collection of bottles here as well as 50 caliber slugs etc from the civil war. I'm really looking forward to joining him again :)

truedigr

Reaction score
That is a very tough one to find. My guess on value would be $200 - 300, and could go higher if 2 or 3 collectors wanted it. The last blob by Arto sold for $268, which was a squat, on Ebay about 2 weeks ago. RC

truedigr

Reaction score
There is a true torpedo Star Bottling from Houston that is up to $360 right now. This one is missing part of the neck and top. Check it out if you get a chance. Maybe you will find a whole one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi