Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Member New Bottler

Sailboat /New Jersey Bridgetown

Found these bottles in boxes I inherited. I cannot find if they made repro's of these or if this is an original? Sailboat on the front and New Jersey Bridgetown on the back. [attachment=photo (2).JPG] [attachment=photoc.JPG] [attachment=photoa (2).JPG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44380357acf1413788b1f8caaa36e02c.jpg   47546f2db5cd490e89e0323f43c53b71.jpg   0312b77230454377b43d0e6804dcd946.jpg  

Re: Sailboat /New Jersey Bridgetown

Reread my post. I only found one bottle like this,but also found other bottles.

Senior Member Bottle Master bottlerocket's Avatar

WOW NICE

Senior Member Bottle Master

Nice and original.

I am glad I started researching these bottles I was going to just sell them all in my yard sale for 5-$10 each. One is a Santa Claus M.G Husted and after researching it and him I am getting attached to it, I hope I am not catching the bottle bug lol. How do I find out about the ones with no markings? Thank youErika

Post photos and we can give you a general idea. Most plain bottles are not worth much but there are exceptions.

Yeah, post some more pictures, even of the plain ones. Scroll flasks and lady's leg bottles often don't have embossing but have value. Interesting colors are good. And yes, you do run a great risk of being infected with the bottle bug. It often only takes one bottle, like a sailboat flask. Scott

Ship flask is GX-7 in McKearin, and Van Rensselaer no. 103 GI. Dates from approximately 1846-1855. Rated as scarce.Great bottle! Let's see some more!

Welcome to the forums Erika. May I suggest that you not be hasty in disposing of your collection. It appears that you have been given a treasure. That flask does indeed appear to be authentically old, 1840ish, and worth in the high 100s, at least, if in excellent condition.Please do use this forum group to help identify your bottles and I recommend that you use these as a wonderful start to a very enjoyable lifetime hobby. If not able or inclined to collect at least go slow and be careful to maximize the profit so that you don't have regrets later. Jim

Bridgton nj was incorporated in to a township in 1845 . the town in 1865. I don't believe there is a bridgtown. n.j.