New to forum - wondering if anyone knows of dig sites in DE and Southeastern PA?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ExplorerGirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I am a complete newbie to this forum and I apologize for my ignorance in advance! I have been exploring/bottle searching for years but only come across random spots and feel lucky at that. Was hoping that I could be guided in the right direction as to how to find spots in DE and PA to do some more serious exploring. I found the top to a Blue Hen Farms milk or cream bottle today in the woods near my house and would love to research the history of the dairy but can't find anything online. Any help is appreciated and thank you for letting me be a part of your forum :) ExplorerGirl

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I found the top to a Blue Hen Farms milk or cream bottle today in the woods near my house and would love to research the history of the dairy but can't find anything online.
I think you need to look some more. Blue Hen Farms is mostly Wilmington but was also a very early home a few miles away in Newark. Most likely they were on in the same by family at least.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Oh carp, I forgot to say welcome again. Welcome ExplorerGirl!I can't help with the digging part but is sounds like you might be at or near one now.

ExplorerGirl

Reaction score
Thank you Eric! I'll check out the old house! Our neighborhood backs up to a preserve which used to be an old prison farm...I only figured this our after some research when I found tons of giant bones, old soles of shoes that were almost all the same and lots of farm machinery...most of the bottles are broken that are in plain sight that I've found while exploring but I am wondering what is underneath the area if I could dig!!!

goodman1966

Reaction score
Be careful about digging on a preserve. Some of those places have rules about that. Oh, and welcome to the forum !!!!!!! Mitch

ExplorerGirl

Reaction score
Thanks Mitch - I wondered about that...it's called a "Green Space"...not sure what that exactly means as far as rules go! But I would love to find some construction sites in DE if anyone hears about any!

hampy

Reaction score
Hi Mate,i cant help you much as im in Australia but the best advise I can give is to gain permission first you may get some knock backs but generally the owner will appreciate that you have asked and will allow you to explore,cheers rob.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch