Cross & Co. Vancouver B.C. 1894-1963

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I didn't know that Whistle ACL bottles existed at all, I've never seen one anywhere. Do any of those bottles make mention of Cross? I've got a Cross bottle that looks almost exactly like that one on the left. Never seen a Whistle bottle like that.
That's a nice crate, I like the phrasing "Wrapped in bottles," I've never heard anyone describe a beverage as being wrapped in a bottle before!

Canadacan

Reaction score
You bet they do!...that one is an 11oz ACL but they also came in 30oz...as for 10oz or 28oz I can't say for sure it they did. Yes there are some similarities between those bottles, the Cross's on the end are both US made (1926-32)...the first two Whistles I can't identify a makers mark, the middle bottle is from Dominion glass. On a side note I came across the two stippled Whistles at an antique store last summer and could not leave them behind as I have never in all my years seen them before! No mention of Cross on the Whistle bottles...I believe they were used up to about 1926...well that was the patent date embossed on the new curvy whistle, no doubt they were used a bit longer.
Yes I was pleased to get the crate!...you can see the in the old photos the similar crate was used. I like the slogan as well!...I believe it was a much older one, I ran across it some place but can't locate it right now.

20170118_225706.jpg[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I really like that Kork n Seal bottle on the far right, not sure I've seen that one before. I think I knew that it existed at one point, but maybe only due to an illustration in an advertisement. I actually can't think of any other Kork n Seal soda bottles used in Canada.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh that one...yea that's called a Priof top, lol!, the only reason we have a Canadian bottle with it is because Cross's chose to order bottles from the USA. It was new for 1926. Strange ...I thought I had posted that bottle on this thread?....guess I did not or they disappeared when the transfer took place.

1926 illinois glass catalog-Priof .jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ah that's the name I was trying to think of, but I forgot the spelling and couldn't verify that it was actually called a Prioff on Google. I don't remember seeing that bottle on here before, I don't remember seeing a picture of one before at all.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Ah that's the name I was trying to think of, but I forgot the spelling and couldn't verify that it was actually called a Prioff on Google. I don't remember seeing that bottle on here before, I don't remember seeing a picture of one before at all.

So it turns out that Cross's PRIOF is posted on page #1 at the top...haha. I only have one other bottle with that top and it's an Orange Crush clear 8oz krinkly from the USA....apparently very scarce!

odonaher

Reaction score
Hi, I have the green Cross and Co bottle with the priof top. It's in very good condition. I'm looking for sources for it, but can't find any. Do you have any information or can point me in the right direction? Thanks

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hi, I have the green Cross and Co bottle with the priof top. It's in very good condition. I'm looking for sources for it, but can't find any. Do you have any information or can point me in the right direction? Thanks
So you are saying you have that green priof..right?.... and your looking for sources to get more of them?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado