1930s Pepsi Bottle - Louisville KY & others

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Now you got me paranoid![:D]...I was using archive grade page protectors..photo safe. But they just were not quite clear enough for me..they have a cloudy appearance. The sheet protectors you posted, are they crystal clear?...I was looking for something like that but could not find. Ivan

carling

Reaction score
Good luck, Josh. Ivan, I think they are pretty clear. They are the best I could find, I was using photo pages too at one time. These are pretty thin which helps, not like the heavyweight versions you commonly see in the stores. They advertise as "optically clear", and I think their claim holds true as they look pretty good on the bottles, not cloudy in my opinion. I've bought multiple packs of the Pioneer over the years, there was one time one of the packs were defective, sort of streaky and cloudy, but I just exchanged it for another. That only happened once. I've only found them sold at JoAnn's. They're about $5 for a pack of 25, 12"x12" pocket pages. It's like getting 50 sheets when you split them in half. Not too expensive an investment if you want to give it try.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yea I will go have a look at our art supply store...it's the one place I've not looked yet. I checked Staples office but they just had cloudy pages[:D] I know you know what I mean!Thanks for the tip..I'll try it out. Ivan

grime5

Reaction score
is that corbin the pinched waist bottle.cant see it good.later greg

jblaylock

Reaction score
grime5 said:
is that corbin the pinched waist bottle.cant see it good.later greg

Not sure why I said Corbin, it's not a corbin. It's a SS Middlesboro bottle. The only Corbin's I have are ACLs. I wish I had the pinch Corbin bottle.

westKYdigger

Reaction score
jblaylock said:
So that worked well for you? Have you ever tried it on a Pepsi label, not sure if they would be any different than a whiskey label? I'll try it on some of my other paper labels first. Where do you buy it, craft store/lowes?
Home Depot or Lowes. Still not sure if I like the results & I definitely would not use it on anything I plan to sell.I do like the idea of the sheet protectors, as long as it can be removed without damage to the paper. What kind of tape is used once the sheets are cut to fit?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah the fact that the threads get locked after too months is a bit much. They never used to get locked ever. And apart from the occasional time when someone brought twenty of them in a row back from 2003 or so it never was a problem. Last time it was mentioned on here one of the admins suggested a poll to see if we wanted them locked or not but that never happened. I'd really like to see a poll on that, I think most of us don't want them locked so soon. I don't know of any other forums that do that, at least not that quickly.

Canadacan

Reaction score
CanadianBottles said:
Yeah the fact that the threads get locked after too months is a bit much. They never used to get locked ever. And apart from the occasional time when someone brought twenty of them in a row back from 2003 or so it never was a problem. Last time it was mentioned on here one of the admins suggested a poll to see if we wanted them locked or not but that never happened. I'd really like to see a poll on that, I think most of us don't want them locked so soon. I don't know of any other forums that do that, at least not that quickly.
I'm a member on the Rustybunch website...which I may be a bit biased but is the best darn site around!...the focus is Beer cans but they are so inclusive to everyone and even have a bottle section!...virtually untouched with a total of 876 posts!..lol.....problem is it's a beer can site so there is very little traffic for bottles. They never lock the threads!..I can go back edit text, pictures,....even for old post you can edit the topic title ie: Updated Dec 10 2014.They also have click to zoom picture capability, and way too many other features, not to mention a very dedicated Webmaster! The site is The 108th Chapter of the Brewery Collectibles Club of America. You don't have to pay to use the site...same as here.Not sure how they can improve this site ....further funding? is that what it takes? But for now I'm having fun on here and enjoying being able to contribute to post and learn new things , it's a place that people will see it and enjoy it the most...after all it is a dedicated bottle site..and I might add the best darn one around at that![:)]

carling

Reaction score
westKYdigger said:
I do like the idea of the sheet protectors, as long as it can be removed without damage to the paper. What kind of tape is used once the sheets are cut to fit?

The sheet protectors can be removed without damage to the paper. They don't stick to the paper. You are just cutting it close to the width of the label, and wrapping it around the label/bottle. Leave the length much longer than the label so you can then tape the ends of the protector to the back of the glass where nobody can see it when displayed. Regular scotch tape is fine. Some people cut a piece to wrap completely around the bottle and tape the ends of the protector together, but then you risk the protector possibly sliding up and down when handled, and damaging the label. Better to leave it short and tape the ends to the back of the bottle glass. Here's a nice circa 1930 paper label bottle example. My lighting wasn't the greatest, so ignore the reflections.[attachment=DSCN0561a.jpg] [attachment=DSCN0562a.jpg]

Attachments

• 553921e26bb94737811c1c421f305cb5.jpg
    553921e26bb94737811c1c421f305cb5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 65
  • c4c2ba963ee6479a9276d20cd8e1bfdc.jpg
    c4c2ba963ee6479a9276d20cd8e1bfdc.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 65

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Canadacan said:
I'm a member on the Rustybunch website...which I may be a bit biased but is the best darn site around!...the focus is Beer cans but they are so inclusive to everyone and even have a bottle section!...virtually untouched with a total of 876 posts!..lol.....problem is it's a beer can site so there is very little traffic for bottles. They never lock the threads!..I can go back edit text, pictures,....even for old post you can edit the topic title ie: Updated Dec 10 2014.They also have click to zoom picture capability, and way too many other features, not to mention a very dedicated Webmaster! The site is The 108th Chapter of the Brewery Collectibles Club of America. You don't have to pay to use the site...same as here.Not sure how they can improve this site ....further funding? is that what it takes? But for now I'm having fun on here and enjoying being able to contribute to post and learn new things , it's a place that people will see it and enjoy it the most...after all it is a dedicated bottle site..and I might add the best darn one around at that![:)]
I'm pretty sure the way the forum works is that the admins pay a certain amount to use this forum template, which has been already designed by a web design company. That means that some features (like zooming) can't be brought in without switching to another template and probably another company, but when the thread locking issue came up before it was implied that that's voluntary and can be changed, probably without any cost. I'd like to see an admin's input on this one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese