Bottle labeled Shrewsbury PA need appraised - J.H. Burns

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jhebel

Reaction score
I have a bottle that I need appraised. All that I have access to is the picture that is attached. It is from my local town of Shrewsbury PA, and says J.H. Burns Bottler on it. I want to know how much to pay for it.

Attachments

• 32e090a6779040cc9c8328fb85a78022.jpg
    32e090a6779040cc9c8328fb85a78022.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 79

MichaelFla

Reaction score
It is on Hutchbook, number PA2700, and listed as rare. But you can't assign a value based solely on the rarity of the bottle so much. More so on demand than availability. (sorry for double post. I think my mouse is screwed up and double clicking everything)

MichaelFla

Reaction score
It is on Hutchbook, number PA2700, and listed as rare. But you can't assign a value based solely on the rarity of the bottle so much. More so on demand than availability.

botlguy

Reaction score
In an effort to help out, I will add that from my experience a rare hutch will typically fetch $100 or more. They are in demand by more than just "local" collectors so have a bit larger market. That said, I would buy it for as little as possible due to the unknown value. If neither party really knows the "going rate" than any value is "fair". Jim

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've seen Hutches rated as rare on hutchsite get anywhere from $10 to over $1,000+. Sorry, that's probably not much help? LEON.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Seeing how there were only around 550 people living in Shrewsbury back when the bottle was made, I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of few, if not the only hutch from the town (for some reason hutchbook isn't working for me). Even without local collector competition, BIM embossed pieces from such a small town won't likely come around too often, so the value/appraisal is mostly up to you and whether or not you think you can dig one.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello I say if you really like it, offer the guy $50.00 and go up to your limit from there, YOU can always go up, but you cannot come down......Andy

cobaltbot

Reaction score
I don't recall seeing that in the York bottle book (I'll check) or personally seeing one so I think possibly a really good hutch and worth acquiring.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown