New guy from Ohio

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SCQTT

Reaction score
Hello all. I live in rural Ohio. I have gathered a few Holbrook sauce bottles over the years as that is my last name. I have a general interest in antiques. My father was mold maker for a specialize glass manufacturer from the mid 1950's through 1992. My father was also interested in antiques and auctions. About 15 years ago I attended an auction with him in Fredericktown, Ohio. I purchased a box of old bottles at this auction and put them in our barn and forgot about them. Recently I stumbled upon them and remembered why I thought they were interesting. It looks like most of them were from a pharmacy. They are dirty/dusty and some are partially full. There are many shapes and sizes, perhaps about 25 pieces total. The majority have paper labels with Kauffman Lattimer, Columbus Ohio printed on them. The one that seems most interesting is a small square bottle with US Army Medical Department in raided letters on one side. I'm not really certain what to do with them. Perhaps make a display of some sort or sell them. I have washed the Army bottle, but the rest are still dirty/dusty....is it best to keep them that way? Thanks in advance for any ideas or comments. SCQTT

botlguy

Reaction score
Hi SQOTT. Unusual spelling!Bottles always do best clean unless there is "patina" that looks like iridescent Mother of Pearl. My advice is wash / clean the but preserve the labels. The raised / embossed lettering is most desirable though. If you can send pictures we can give more definitive information. Jim

LC

Reaction score
If you like collectables as well as bottles then come to my place in rural Ohio and buy a bunch of stuff lol .

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Pictures? The US Army Medical Department sounds interesting, and pharmacies always have local interest.

Jim G

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu