some bottles i dug up!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Tumbling is the best way to clean them well. Those are some really great finds Matthew. Wish I could help with some info.

sweetrelease

Reaction score
capsada,thanks for the come back.i will try to get a tumbler soon.by the way i know you like coke bottles,do you have any from atlantic city? i have a few hobby cokes with atlantic city ,nj on the bottoms of them.if you want i'd be happy to send one your way,they are nice green ,blue color..i'd think they would make a nice part in your collection.just let me know and we'll set it up"your money is no good here"[:D][:D].thanks for the help ,matt

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
I agree,tumbling would be the real only way to remove the sickness and also any nicks or dings/scratchs from the bottles.
Value would be MUCh higher if tumbled/cleaned and prices would vary due to location and buyer....

sweetrelease

Reaction score
i think i'm going to get one soon ,do you guys know of any good tumblers i can get on the web.and what is a price range on these tumblers? thanks again ,matt

lexdigger

Reaction score
I've never bought or built one, but I hear this guy makes some good ones. Just click the link to check em out. You can also add canisters depending on how much you want to spend. I'm gonna get one eventually. Till then, you can take and rub some olive oil on them and they will look clean for a while. They will also become a dust magnet! LOL Nice Digs! Looks like you were digging 70's and 80's stuff! Chris Capley

http://www.jardoctor.com/

sweetrelease

Reaction score
thanks i will check that site out.oil ha,well i'll try it but sounds messy[:D]as far as 70's and 80 's you mean 1970 and 1980 right[;)]just kidding i know the dates some what,but would love to see one in a book or on the web .just to give me something to work on ,you know? thanks ,matt

madman

Reaction score
those are great finds!! im lookin into a tumbler also! ive checked out jar doctor, think ill build my own, that mug based hutch is very nice mike

sweetrelease

Reaction score
thanks mike ,i want a tumbler bad but have to ok it with the boss"wife".you see i work construction and i'm layed off right now.which is the case when the weather turns hot and things just can't get done[8|] but i'm lovin it ,it has been 4 years since i had any real time off of work,plue now i can look for some nice dumps and dig all day[:D]if it was'nt 105 today i'd be out but i don't feel like dying today[:)],matt

bttlmark

Reaction score
You guys are getting a taste of our Florida weather up there. To Hot!
Try Baby Oil.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac