New to group

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

devilynn

Reaction score
Hello there. I joined today for several reasons. Mostly to ask questions and possibly re home some bottles. I grew up with bottle digger/collector parents. I am now going through their collection. Unfortunately I can't keep it all-there are hundreds of bottles. My Dad was predominantly a Bitters collector, and there are some very nice ones-from National Bitters to an Hartwigs Alpine Stomach Bitters and many others. There are also many medicines, sodas etc. Do any of you have any info on the Hartwigs Alpine Stomach Bitters? All I know is that it is rare and in one book for 300+. Can't find any other info on it. Also I want to see if anyone has any info on the Maquires bottle below. 5 3/4 inches tall, very crude, lots of whittling, a few bubbles, very rough pontil on bottom. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 43d787ea6cc64ebb9bb6dbd5a3142ff7.jpg
    43d787ea6cc64ebb9bb6dbd5a3142ff7.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 61

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hello, welcome.I can't help much but there is a Hartwig Alpine from St Joseph. Maybe you can check out some city directories. Maguire bottles were found on the Arabia and I see some other info so it shouldn't be to difficult to research.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello. Ring-Ham lists an Alpine celebrated Alpine bitters from St Joseph Missouri, as extremely rare, square, amber, applied mouth, 9 1/2 inches tall, with 2 sunken panels. 300.00 dollars without the embossing CELEBRATED. 500.00 with the embossing CELEBRATED. the one without CELEBRATED is rated rare.....Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The Maguirs was probably effervescent salts, and definitely a pharmacists-chemists bottle, probably around 100.00 dollars with out chips or cracks...Andy

devilynn

Reaction score
I was told the Alpine Stomach Bitters is in Carlyn Ring's book listed with my Dad's name (Jim Bryan) and my Mom drew the pictures of the bottle that are in the book. Could one of you post a picture of the page? I have been going through boxes trying to find the book and haven't located it yet. And I was going to post a pic of it here, where do I get the URL from if the pic is on my pc?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't have my camera but the book just states "Dug in Denver Colorado". Under Collectors and Contributors pages in the front he is listed from Boulder, CO..If you find the book the original may be tucked inside if she returned it.

devilynn

Reaction score
That would be the one. I grew up in Boulder and my Dad dug in Denver all the time. I have the original drawing. I guess I will be prowling more today through boxes trying to find it. I'm in the process of going through a house and two storage trailers of bottles antiques and collectibles. Thank you so much for your help :)

devilynn

Reaction score
And thank you Andy for the info on the Maguires bottle. Listed it this morning.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp