Bearded Old Man Whiskey Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lucyglass

Reaction score
>Clear bottle w/cap tho dented, can still read the stamped words "Montreal Canada consolidated distilleries made in usa"
>Old man w/bootlegger hat and a beard that wraps around to back of bottle
> bottom stamped with "10" and a diamond overlapping a center of circle

I can't get the pictures to upload but just looking for some background info...

<3 please and thank you

lucyglass

Reaction score
Too large even when I cropped away 70% but it's probably just my phone...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It sounds like Gooderham and Worts. Does it have G&W or similar on it?

download.axd

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think it's a prohibition era bottle, there were lots of Canadian distilleries that operated primarily for illegal export to the United States. I've never seen this particular one though, the United Distilleries bottle from Vancouver is much more common.

LC

Reaction score
Always thought that was a cool bottle , have a couple of them but I do not remember mine having any embossing at all except for maybe the bottom , haven't looked at them in ages . Mine are both amber , dug a large one years ago , regretfully it was cracked pretty much all over .

lucyglass

Reaction score
Too large even when I cropped away 70% but it's probably just my phone...

lucyglass

Reaction score
Mine is clear glass. It's by far the favorite bottle in my collection. I collect for attraction value and the effort of discovery not for monetary value nor resale. It's just nice to know whether I should be putting it on a higher shelf where my kids can't reach it.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So I guess the thread stopped here. I collect all kinds of glass products - but I concentrate on the glass that was hand blown with a blowpipe. I am always looking for the process of making clues of what was done to make the item. Pontil Marks, tooled finishes, mold venting, mold repair , and the glass pinch creations where the parison is caught in the closing mold, and created a pinched flat half leaf form that dropped into the mold, and when the mold was again closed the bottles parison blown our the half leaf is stuck to the surface of the produced bottle. It is something we didn't have to worry about in the modern glass making world I worked in for several years. RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp