Case Gin Alligators

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

canada

Reaction score
Case gin 9'' tall, mold-blown, applied lip, smooth base. Embossed ''Alligators'' on one panel.Can anyone give me info on this one? Origins, time period, etc? Cannot find anything .One of the ingredients of gin is juniper berries. There is a tree in SW USA called the Alligator Juniper. Any connection?Thanks;Dave Pic attached (I hope)

botlguy

Reaction score
Your picture didn't attach but I would GUESS that your Alligator probably refers to the African alligator because many of the Dutch gin bottles were exported to Africa. There is one that has the embossing AFRICA or AFRICAN on the panel. I once bought a collection that had over 60 case gins. Jim

canada

Reaction score
Hello Jim; Thanks for your reply, trying to get picture up. Have see the Africa/ African gins you mentioned, so you may well be right, however, there are no alligators in Africa, only crocodiles. Dave

botlguy

Reaction score
canada said:
Hello Jim; Thanks for your reply, trying to get picture up. Have see the Africa/ African gins you mentioned, so you may well be right, however, there are no alligators in Africa, only crocodiles. Dave
Well, there ya go. I think I knew that, so I'll shut my mouth [:(] at let someone who knows what they're talking about comment. Jim

sunrunner

Reaction score
really , try with a photo. there was an inn called the alligator in the upper freehold area in nj in the late 1800s.

canada

Reaction score
Thanks Michael. Had looked through that website previously. Some great gins there. Alligators pictured is identical to mine. Too bad no background info on it.Tried several times to get my picture up. No luck.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
All it said about it was that it's ca. 1880. That doesn't help much, but without a pic it helps to identify what you are talking about.

canada

Reaction score
Thanks to those who responded.Still no closer to learning anything about this bottle, though. Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado