7up Vancouver B.C.-Country Club Beverages Company Limited.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found a picture online of an 8 bubble 7up bottle from Quebec City . its from a picture taken of the collection of someone who appears to have a lot of quebec 7up bottles, it was posted to the quebec bottle site
quebeccity-7up8bubble.jpgquebeccity-7up8bubble1.jpg

http://www.bouteillesduquebec.com/t857-mes-bouteilles-7up

RCO

Reaction score
the same poster also claims to have found an 8 bubble from valleyfield quebec , although only posted a picture of the back . either way never seen a 7 up from valleyfield a town outside Montreal

img_3210.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Too bad we can't see the neck on that last bottle! Well I'm 100% confident that there is a Montreal 8 bubble.

RCO

Reaction score
Too bad we can't see the neck on that last bottle! Well I'm 100% confident that there is a Montreal 8 bubble.

if they had 7 up that early in Quebec City , surely they had it in Montreal as well .

I don't know why that collector didn't post a picture of the 8 bubbles , if you wanted to prove to everyone you found one from a previously unknown city , you think you'd post a picture

can tell from the picture its a swim version but impossible to count the bubbles

Canadacan

Reaction score
if they had 7 up that early in Quebec City , surely they had it in Montreal as well .

I don't know why that collector didn't post a picture of the 8 bubbles , if you wanted to prove to everyone you found one from a previously unknown city , you think you'd post a picture

can tell from the picture its a swim version but impossible to count the bubbles

I have no doubt it's an 8 bubble, even though it has the later 'YOU LIKE 7up-7up LIKES YOU'... but the way to tell is the 7up is solid and larger font. But still post more pictures!

604Greg

Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors, I'm new to this bottle thang but I think I might be hooked. :)
The reason I found this forum is because of the large 7up bottle from the Country Club Beverage Company and this was the only place I found any reference to it.

20191030_000202b.jpg
It's hard to see the code but it looks like 3 P. on the left side of the Dominion trademark and a 1 on the right side. Does that sound right and what does this tell me?
I'm guessing most of my finds are common bottles but I'll post photos anyway - should I post those in the "New to the Collection" thread?
Thanks for your time.
Greg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors, I'm new to this bottle thang but I think I might be hooked. :)
The reason I found this forum is because of the large 7up bottle from the Country Club Beverage Company and this was the only place I found any reference to it.

It's hard to see the code but it looks like 3 P. on the left side of the Dominion trademark and a 1 on the right side. Does that sound right and what does this tell me?
I'm guessing most of my finds are common bottles but I'll post photos anyway - should I post those in the "New to the Collection" thread?
Thanks for your time.
Greg
Greg welcome to the forum!...glad you found this thread, are you from the Vancouver region?..I'm in Mission B.C.
So because your new to collecting and some or most of your bottles are new to you it fine to post in the "New to the Collection'" thread. Or like you have done here is also ok when you find a suitable thread to post in.
I post a lot of BC stuff so if click my name and go to the left side and click 'find latest started threads' it will list all my posts. :)

Now about the bottle, some time they are a little jumbled. What looks like a P is actually an F and the one is the year, these known as letter codes used from about 1940-41 up to 1953.
A=Jan/Feb
B=Mar/Apr
C=May/June
D=July/Aug
E=Sept/Oct
F=Nov/Dec

I have to assume it's 1941, because Country Club operated from about 1931-1947, it gets a little complicated because in 1944 7up BC limited is also listed at the same address, they became or were one in the same.
Having said that, it's still possible that date code is from 1951.

Well I hope this helps a little!
Cheers!

Ivan

604Greg

Reaction score
Thanks for the great feedback Ivan. I'm in Lynn Valley, North Vancouver, and most of my bottles are from this era so I almost feel like I'll wait until I get better quality (older) bottles to post or like you said, if I find a thread talking about a similar bottle then I'll add my two bits there. For now it's mostly Milk of Magnesia, slick medicines, cobalts, and larger beer or whatever came in these nice blue bottles - maybe you can recognize these. Also a couple "Federal Law prohibits the sale/reuse of this bottle...".

20191029_230843b.jpg 20191029_231018b.jpg 20191029_231542b.jpg
Ok enough photos as I'm getting off track of this thread.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thanks for the great feedback Ivan. I'm in Lynn Valley, North Vancouver, and most of my bottles are from this era so I almost feel like I'll wait until I get better quality (older) bottles to post or like you said, if I find a thread talking about a similar bottle then I'll add my two bits there. For now it's mostly Milk of Magnesia, slick medicines, cobalts, and larger beer or whatever came in these nice blue bottles - maybe you can recognize these. Also a couple "Federal Law prohibits the sale/reuse of this bottle...".

Ok enough photos as I'm getting off track of this thread.

Well those bottles are out of my realm..lol, but they would be suited to post in one of the top four catagories 'Was it before 1900?"... or "Was it after 1900?" ...or "Digging and finding"..."New to the collection"

cheers! :)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Greg! I know those blue bottles, at least the two on the right. They're Japenese alcohol bottles, not sure exactly what beverage they contained. I know they're sometimes referred to as sake bottles. Fairly common finds in BC, yours are fairly late examples since they're ABM. They likely date to just before the war, or maybe even after if your area had a Japanese population that remained after the internment.
Is your 7Up bottle embossed on the neck? I didn't think that they were still using those bottles in 1941 but I'm also not sure when they stopped and switched to fully ACL bottles.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi