What do I do now?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

devilynn

Reaction score
While going through all of the bottles that my parents had in storage I have reached a quandry. What to do with all the plain unembossed medicine, ink, flask, whiskey etc bottles that they had. There are hundreds. I know my Dad dug a lot of them, but I am at a loss with what to do with them. I can't take them all when we move back to TX. They just had so much stuff. I have been putting bottles on ebay, and I have potential buyers for some of the nicer bottles. There are also seven flats of Pepsi, Coke, Nehi, Toms, 7UP, etc bottle that are not all that old. I am a little overwhelmed, and also have a husband who doesn't collect anything. He can't understand why people would have so much stuff :) Also insulators. Lots of Hemingrays. Two buckets and two boxes

Attachments

• b318ebb628d14b9cb9542dc2a3127954.jpg
    b318ebb628d14b9cb9542dc2a3127954.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 59

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I see a lot of 20th century stuff that wouldn't be a bad thing to just throw them in the recycle bin. If they're unembossed and machine made them start with those.Some of the embossed might be worth having but I can't tell what they are from the picture. Soda's are also collectable but it depends on rarity.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Which state are these located in? If their in NJ I might be able to take them off your hands.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thought I seen some bottles that could be Interesting? LEON.

coreya

Reaction score
have a yard sale, price them a buck apiece and whatever doesn't sell donate to your local hospice & take a write off.

devilynn

Reaction score
A lot of the ones that are embossed I am putting on ebay. Username Vampiremae if anyone is interested. So far so good with those. My husband sells at the flea market every weekend and he is taking some of the lower end stuff there. I am in central New Mexico, if I was in New Jersey BellwoodBoys, I would put a bunch of them in your home! I like the donating to Hospice idea coreya, as they took care of my Mom til this past August when she passed away. Thank you everyone for your ideas-it is helping me be not quite so everwhelmed with everything :) I want to keep some of the Bitters as they were my Dad's faves. He had some good ones too-National Bitters, Hartwigs Alpine Stomach Bitters, Pinapple, Tippecanoe etc. I will sell some of the others as there are multiples. There are 25 Warner's Safes alone, multiple cabins, etc. I also have hutches from St Louis and Denver to sell.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
devilynn said:
I like the donating to Hospice idea coreya, as they took care of my Mom til this past August when she passed away.
Nice idea but sometimes it can cost them to throw stuff out. Not always but sometimes.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado