Reproduction Alert

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
I did send the seller a message...we'll see if the listing gets updated.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yup, good reminder, they've been mentioned here a few times. I forget the labelled ones name but they were a drugstore in Bennington VT on a ??? Hotel Block. Many colors to choose from including two toned.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Sadly, three bids already. I've seen more people ripped off on these bottles than practically any other reproduction.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Yup. Total crap, often with a Bennington label, as has already been indicated above. They come in some colors not found in either nature or history, and they just don't make sense when compared to real utility style bottles from that period. They are more shaped like a miniature porter style beer bottle, but way too small to be right. Jim G

botlguy

Reaction score
Good to know for sure. I'm a hawk for repros, HATE them, and I probably would have been fooled with just the pictures. Thanks guys for keeping us up to date. This is one of the BEST aspects of these forums. Jim

andy volkerts

Reaction score
good luck with them changing their auction, Maybe if you could forward Cows repro to them, they might change it but otherwise I would bet they wont............glad you caught it............Andy

nhpharm

Reaction score
Eric, The labels are actually real. I have one with a Laconia, New Hampshire veterinarian label on it...the label is from the 1920's. It is clear they have no intention of changing their auction...no responses yet and now up to $41.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
nhpharm said:
Eric, The labels are actually real. I have one with a Laconia, New Hampshire veterinarian label on it...the label is from the 1920's. It is clear they have no intention of changing their auction...no responses yet and now up to $41.

That's consistent with the Bennington labels. I'm fairly sure those labels are real also, but they are also 20th century in form. Jim G

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora