ever dug up any live animals?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

groundsloth

Reaction score
Last year I dug up a shrew nest with 4 baby shrews inside.They were super cute with soft fuzzy fur and pointy snouts.I didn't have my camera, darn. Any other unusual animals dug into? .........besides toads, salamanders, non-venomous snakes, and mice

sandchip

Reaction score
Dug up a hibernating water moccasin many years ago, yawning, stretching, rubbing his eyes...

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Alligator snapping turtle. About 2 feet across its shell. His head was larger than my fist!

sunrunner

Reaction score
I dig up quit a few poor little guys . I usually try to avoid them . skinks, lizards and small rodent and snakes ,I will relocate to a safe place. Once I dug in a ground hog den . when I realized what it was I moved to another part of that dump.lol.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Usually I find snakes (the harmless kind) around here. I did disturb a mouse/vole once.

Ace31

Reaction score
I once dug up a baby salamander and on another occasion a baby snake, they were not harmed.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This is fun.No worms were harmed in the excavation of my compost pile Paul. I won't mention what I did with them after though.As for the ground wasps Bill, we hit them too. I guess I was faster than my friend, he got 8 strikes, I got away.[:)] No allergies, he was fine over the rest of his body.Ok, bottle digging, some of the above mentioned and you always stir life into lots of insects at some point in a year. Blackflies are the ones I hate the most but I'm never sure if I find them or they find me.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
My dog decided to dig a nest up once when I took her and my nephew to the creek. When I realized what was happening, I shoved her toward the house and screamed at my nephew to run.He didn't, and himself merely stood screaming. So, I had to go and pick him up and run with him. The joys of taking care of children. [&:]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky