Coca Cola Bottle found. Whats the deal??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Looking at this pic in detail, this looks like it was slowly heated and manipulated after being made. Would not necessarily mean embossing would be gone, but shape can be distorted.

Back to insulators that are altered (this is relevant), all the carnival coated Mickeys were re-heated, then sprayed with tin oxide. Never seen a bad or slumped example, or compromised embossing. The fraud was do be convincingly. Also with a suspect color (tried and proven), an irradiated insulator that was slowly heated will have the ability to change colors. Cornflower or sapphire is a common outcome on some nuked-heated aqua insulators. NEGM beehives being the worst. Anywho, check the threads on a standard threaded pin, and if they don't line up nicely with the insulator, it is highly suspect. Even if the shape or embossing is unaffected.

caveman101

Reaction score
Im with ya on the insulators. It really bums me out to see the altered insulators. Im much more of an insulator guy than I am a bottle guy. On this bottle, I really think you have to hold it in your hand. The picture is deceiving. (Bottle from first post). The seems are perfectly straight. And there is no "coca cola" embossing. And there is 2" of glass at the bottom of pour. The re-heating would have had nothing to do with all the extra glass on the bottom, and the re-heating would not remove the COCA COLA embossing and leave all the other embossing. Now remember, Both bottles on this post have the COCA COLA missing, and all the other embossing is there. The shoulder on both is the same. If this is a reheated bottle it was done with a bottle that was already blown in a mold of something altered. There is no way these bottles started as standard bottle. Notice the bottom of both bottles. Way to thick for a standard bottle and reheating would not do this. Just my amateur thoughts.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well, I am willing to examine and return the bottle. U have had a lot of engineering time on bottle making problems. We are on the roqd to F;orida rigfht now - so I will look for this thread after we ger settled in. RED Matthews

caveman101

Reaction score
Thank you Red!! I did the Chattanooga bottle show a month or so ago. I brought the bottle and had a fun time hearing all the opinions. Most agreed that it was done at the factory. Some kind of "Just messing around" bottle, altered mold. The official estimator their said the bottle was around a $50. And to just the right buyer maybe a couple hundred. Just no paperwork or anything official to say what it is. I would be glad to send it to you for your opinion. Of course I plan on keeping it for now. Just to odd to let go. It has been a fun conversation pc. If you want, tell me where to send it. David Erickson 336 247 1928

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum