listed a few jars on e-bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JGUIS

Reaction score
Be careful with that J&J jar. My wife listed a medical charm bracelet on there awhile back that one of the charms was a red cross. Some idiot who works for the red cross scanning ebay for anything with a red cross on it had the auction yanked for trademark infringement. She relisted it without showing the actual red cross in the pic, and denouncing any affiliation with the red cross. She is now banned permanently from ebay for it.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Josh, I'd talk to a lawyer. The red cross is an international symbol for noncombatant medical people. The Red Cross does not own the symbol as a trade mark.

I would concider what was done to your wife as harmful as well as hateful.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That almost happened to me. I had an M&M® candy dispenser that got pulled. I listed it again with ®'s and ©'s all over the ad. That was all they wanted. BTW, it was a corp rep from the company that complained. I guess a little guy like me asking $5.00 for a ten year old piece of plastic was too much of a threat. Some companies and organizations need something better to do with their legal departments.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
There's plenty of Red Cross pharmacy type bottles out there, from Alaska and elsewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp