I have aprox 30 to 40 antique jars that were gifted to me...Help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tfb4me

Reaction score
Hello to all, im new here and new to jars. I have no clue what i have or what they are worth..I have been looking at some of the groups on Facebook. I kinda have a slight clue what they are but no idea what they are worth.. These are my dads collection,I have a bit of a back story on him. He bought an old cotton mill in Waterford Ontario Canada that was converted into a 2 story antique marked with80 plus vendors. He was an avid jar collector from what I can tell. Well he has since sold off the antique market and he has now lost interest in the collection and asked me to sell them when I get the time..So they are for sale and I have taken high resolution pictures..But first id like to have an idea of what we have..Is this the correct place to post them? I have taken photo's of approx 16 jars and have many more to get into..Some I want to keep..Only cause I like them..Anyway thanks for allowing me to join your group and I cant wait to hear what you all say..
Thanks, Ron, Ontario Canada

deenodean

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. There are many people on here that can help. The 1st thing we need is a picture of each jar, size and description. If you cannot post pictures email them to deenodean@hotmail.com and I will do it for you. I am in NS.

tfb4me

Reaction score
Thanks for the info..For some reason I cant post pics here..Says my photos are too large...They are high resolution photo's of course they will be large..Ill create a photobucket album and share the link here when i have it finished..

coreya

Reaction score
There are several nice jars there, try taking a picture of the whole jar from the front, rear, base & top (1 picture each) showing the full picture of what you have. The ABGA is a nice one as are the olive color one (can't tell what it is) and the Dominion is nice (not worth much but a nice example)

nammlif

Reaction score
Can't seem to open up in photo bucket...typing password and it just keeps circling back to password...what the heck am I doing wrong..!!!

deenodean

Reaction score
Some nice Canadian jars there. Great colours , especially the amber Crown and puce New Gem. The Dominion Wide Mouth Made in the British Empire pint is your most valuable jar. It is listed as Austrialian made but there r some who think it was made in Canada. There are also some very common Crowns too. ABGA , made in USA is a great jar . If you have any for sale , private message me.

tfb4me

Reaction score
nammlif said:
Can't seem to open up in photo bucket...typing password and it just keeps circling back to password...what the heck am I doing wrong..!!!
im not sure what your doing wrong? Have you tried restarting your browser or clearing your internet history?

tfb4me

Reaction score
All these jars are for sale..Be fair and honest make an offer..I have a couple more rubbermaid bins left to sort through Ill post more pics when i get the time.Life sure is hectic right now..yikes

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I have that too but I know why. I run a script blocker and there's more than 15 that want permission. I'll try it later after I disable it or allow them.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu