worth the ticks??? and PICS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
RE: worth the ticks???

Thanks Warren I will have to give that a try. I gave it some thought before but then I thought I might burn down the wooded area. [:D] I actually can't wait to get into this dump the undergrowth is verrrry thick though and as mentioned the mosquitoes are terrible.

capsoda

Reaction score

We get those tiny little Spanish black sketters all the way up to those giant one bites that weigh about a pound. LoL The coils come with neat little holders and burn like incense and they don't smell to bad either. The sketters really do hate them.

madman

Reaction score

hey ino youll all laugh at this, but me and my buddy used off and cutter with little effect, so i had some news paper in my trunk we dug a fire pit starved the fire time to time and smoked those babys right out!! i really like the tyvek suit idea mike

barbieheid

Reaction score

ticks i can deal with but chiggers are the spawn of hell. Make yourself a suit out of trash bags and go for it.

We got chiggers *really* bad when we went herping in South Carolina. My legs swelled up like tree trunks and I still have scars; they look sorta like chicken pox scars.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
wow...id let the ticks eat me for some 18th century glass........can i dig with you?

JGUIS

Reaction score
I usually use deep woods Off, but I saturate the clothes I'm going to wear digging before putting them on. I let them dry a little before putting them on and leaving. I don't know if it would work or not, but hair spray works for fiberglass insulation and poison ivy, maybe it would keep the skeeters from penetrating too?

madman

Reaction score
hey jg, and all i think im gonna chill until all those giant bugs are gone im alergic to bees and they seem to get alot larger this time of year mike

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac