Cabinet Update

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
I still have some sanding and painting to do, but the construction is finished. The one on the other side looks just like this one. Also got the mantle hung over the fireplace. I can't wait to fill em up with glass! Chris Capley

CB0E163841AA48B2A9370AE79276F489.jpg

Attachments

• CB0E163841AA48B2A9370AE79276F489.jpg
    CB0E163841AA48B2A9370AE79276F489.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 43

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Beautiful work Chris! We can't wait to see some shots with glass in them!!! [:D]

A word of caution (or something to think about): Keep your better glass away from the warmer areas near the fire. I have some on the mantle, with gas logs. They get really hot and it's a wide mantle. Nothing has broken, but I would imagine glass with small hidden freeze cracks (dug botttles) could grow due to the temp. changes.

One day (don't hold your breath), I'll post photos of my built-ins and cabinets I made years ago.[;)]

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah Meech, I had thought about that before I even decided to put them in. I don't think I will store any on the mantle or hearth for that reason. I'm thinking the shelves should be alright, but I will use caution and keep a constant check on everything when I build my first fire in it!!! One good thing is that everything I have was dug by me or traded from another digger so I don't have alot of money tied up in them. I've got to the point that I try not to even keep anything that has chips or cracks anymore (running out of storage space!) LOL! Chris Capley

acls

Reaction score
Very nice Lex! There is nothing better than some nice shelves to display your bottles that were hand built.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum