What can I do to make this less noticeable?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello Robert. Yes on the chip, go to your crafts store and get plastic resin, and resin dye. I believe there are resin kits sold at craft stores. Then mix up some of your dyed resin and dab it into the chip, if you get the mixture thick enough you can shape it a bit and the chip will not even be noticeable, bottle repairers do this and get quite good at it, its a craft that may serve you well if you decide to really get into it. Have fun, maybe you will become a bottle repairer extraordinaire !! [:)][:)]

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'm just getting into restoration of paper-labels, so this could be my next step.I'll check Hobby Lobby. Thank you kindly, Andy. ?•??•?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
HI again Robert. I never worry about the little chips. The design and have marks of the hand made bottle is what talks for me. T must have a couple dozen rectangular bottles with four sunken panels - where one of the panels will have the name of a doctor embossed on it. I even have two that were sales-mans samples that were never sold to early local doctors. We have to cover the making process of the hand made glass,We are beginning to plan our fall migration. Most of the humming birds have already left. The geese and the black birds are next - then us, RED M.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi